Motorola Xoom Still Better then The iPad 2 in Comparison!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Few people care about specs, though. The ipad is unfortunately a different animal, specs notwithstanding. It'll outsell all those devices, probably combined.

patfactorx

Reaction score
This is like Droid 1 vs iPhone. It beat it in specs but more than that it ushered in an age when the Android Army began to dominate

TheOldFart

Reaction score
The specs of the ipad don't matter. If it has an Apple insignia on it, those who need to impress their friends will buy it. Yes, Apple products are good products, but many (perhaps most) of those buying them are doing so because Apple shows that you are with the "in" crowd. Buying a better product from another manufacturer will not accomplish that. While we will not know for a while if the ipad 2 or the XOOM is a better product in real life, I would easily buy the XOOM over the ipad 2, assuming that I could actually afford either one. :( I have played with the XOOM at the local Verizon store and I think it is a winner.

Dan_08

Reaction score
I think price is the biggest motivator, at least for me it will be. I've already got the xoom but it maybe going back....Xoom does have a leg up on Specs. I've got another week till I can return the Xoom so I will see based on future predictions of the Xoom.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

Orionalias

Reaction score
i thought the ipad 2 has an hdmi port? or is it only their proprietary poprt-to-hdmi?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think price is the biggest motivator, at least for me it will be. I've already got the xoom but it maybe going back....Xoom does have a leg up on Specs. I've got another week till I can return the Xoom so I will see based on future predictions of the Xoom.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App
Have you played with the iPad1, how does the Xoom compare with it's overall smoothness to the iOS? I have always been super impressed with how smooth the iOS is, one area, so far anyway, I think Apple has a big leg up. But I have yet to play with a Xoom so that could all change.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Waiting for the apple fanboys to come join the party....:icon_ banana:

Oh to compete with the Android fanboys? How is it any better to be an Android fanboy than an Apple fanboy exactly?

Anyone that truly appreciates tech will look at devices and operating systems from all angles and give credit where credit is due. Others will start hurling insults about buying something to impress friends and other nonsense. ;)

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
The specs of the ipad don't matter. If it has an Apple insignia on it, those who need to impress their friends will buy it. Yes, Apple products are good products, but many (perhaps most) of those buying them are doing so because Apple shows that you are with the "in" crowd. Buying a better product from another manufacturer will not accomplish that. While we will not know for a while if the ipad 2 or the XOOM is a better product in real life, I would easily buy the XOOM over the ipad 2, assuming that I could actually afford either one. :( I have played with the XOOM at the local Verizon store and I think it is a winner.

Spoken like a true Apple hater. I own an IPad because it's a nice piece of hardware. Despite what anyone says... It does what you want it to do, it does what it's meant to do... and despite not having flash I enjoy it very much (don't really frequent that many flash sites anyway). The apps are awesome because I have so many apps on there and I love the ability to just hand the device over to my 2 y/o son for him to use. I am not an apple enthusiast, I'm a tech Geek.
It doesn't matter how good specwise a product is if those boosted specs don't make the product that much better, they are not going to convert that many more people. There are no specs on the Xoom that make it "groundbreakingly" better than the IPAD 2. Quite honestly... I want to buy a xoom but i don't want the 3g/4g model.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Specs are pretty comparable, and at those prices the extra $70 isn't a huge deal, either, or maybe it will be ($70 is, after all, still $70). LTE could matter, but I have no idea how many people will be getting data plans with these - on top of a smartphone it's getting obscene.

Tablets aren't for me, at least not yet. I'm just going to wait until smartphones get truly beastly and I can just plug my phone into a laptop or tablet shell.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the apple fanboys to come join the party....:icon_ banana:

Oh to compete with the Android fanboys? How is it any better to be an Android fanboy than an Apple fanboy exactly?

Anyone that truly appreciates tech will look at devices and operating systems from all angles and give credit where credit is due. Others will start hurling insults about buying something to impress friends and other nonsense. ;)

I think Xoom is probably the better of the two on paper. If I were in the maket for a tablet now I would get the iPad because of the price difference. That's the one little intangible thing wasn't included in that spec sheet. Well if it was there I didn't see it, it was hard to read the darn thing.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
put specs aside, put mfg. aside... price is going to be a big differentiator here... the Xoom needs to drop to truly compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.