Motorola tech rep shared an interesting JB tidbit re Razr/Razr Maxx

moset

Reaction score
Why not just take the leap to Christmas Jelly Bean?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

moset

Reaction score
215 is a "leaked" not accidental official release. It is ICS the Christmas gift is JB.
They have no obligation to do anything for those with 215, but it really doesn't matter because the SBF files have been out awhile.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
215 is a "leaked" not accidental official release. It is ICS the Christmas gift is JB.
They have no obligation to do anything for those with 215, but it really doesn't matter because the SBF files have been out awhile.

You're of course absolutely right.....I've had my head in bionic land all day. It will be the xmas jelly that could potentially be the ota.,.need to see the build # on the ota, or hash. A lot of us bionic folks had been running ics 246 for weeks when the ota dropped. I'm guessing jelly for the og razr and maxx, bionic and D4 by end of february

s_cuttic

Reaction score
So...if they actually push out two updates with the first being the Christmas JB accidental release... I wonder how long we'll have to wait after that's pushed out for the "new" version to be pushed. I wouldn't think it'd be the same day or same week unless the 2nd update is a small file.

elthon

Reaction score
Yesterday i was watching videos on the Motorola Youtube page and decided to leave them a comment asking them when their going to release the Jelly Bean update and they told me:"The DROID RAZR MAXX is scheduled to receive Android 4.1 Jelly Bean some time in this Q1 of 2013. You will receive a notification or can check this page for upgrade news. Thanks" If you dont believe me, heres the link to the YouTube video where i asked the question: [video=youtube;Kcai9Rery14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcai9Rery14[/video] Im proudiphoneowner on youtube(the person who asked the question) I think its pretty safe to say that were getting our update in Q1 of this year. Motorola also said the same thing on their FaceBook page a while back. Hopefully we get our update sooner than later!

OP
bocabean

bocabean

Reaction score
This info was already published on either Verizon or Motorola's website, I do not recall which one. I was prompted to start this string based upon a comment that a Moto rep made to me while I was on the phone for a different reason.

I just felt that that if I (or anyone else) wanted to accept his comment at face value, then it would mean a more definitive release date and sooner than the end of the first quarter which is March 31st. Again he was speaking as if it were only a couple of weeks away.

So in the overall scheme of things, it will be released when they want it to be released. In the meantime, I read somewhere that the Razr Maxx I (which appears to be in France) just started to receive an update.

I think that we all need to chill, otherwise we will all be staring at the system update screens waiting for Key Lime and and every other flavor while the real world passes us by. I apologize for starting the string. :beer:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

OP
bocabean

bocabean

Reaction score
By the time that is in wide spread use, the OGDR and OGDRM will probably make great paper weights anyway.

OP
bocabean

bocabean

Reaction score
I shouldn't say that. I typically prefer to donate my older retired phones to one of the military vet services or a battered woman/mother shelter services. Why let the devices go to waste when someone else can really use them?

yaterml

Reaction score
I seem to remember a last second update that was promised rolling out. And was filled with bugs that it took them forever to not fix...

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Not really concerned... the leaked JB is running great and I have had ZERO issues (after deleting my duplicated photos... big deal)