Motorola tech rep shared an interesting JB tidbit re Razr/Razr Maxx

moset

Reaction score
I hope you didn't think I was questioning what you said he said.
Some techs just don't know and I think some like to blow smoke.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GotnFX

Reaction score
I hope you didn't think I was questioning what you said he said.
Some techs just don't know and I think some like to blow smoke.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Same here bocabean! Not saying we don't believe what he told you. We are saying the tech needs to be tested cuz he definitely is smoking something to say JB release has already started...nothing has been mentioned about JB for the maxx on any websites besides the Christmas leak.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
All that I can suggest is that everyone is free to call the same number to see if you can get a different response. I agree that if a release has in fact started to officially trickle out, then news of such an event would quickly spread. Nevertheless, he said what he said and I am just passing it along.

Keep in mind that he also mentioned weeks, not days.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

I agree with you and there is no doubt in my mind that he did say that, but I take what HE said with a very small grain of salt as I feel that when tech support persons are working off of their "scripts", not everything they say is entirely accurate. You have to take into account that these techs service more than just the droid Razr and he could have been thinking about the JB release for the Maxx HD, etc.

David

yaterml

Reaction score
I have a friend that is the master Motorola tech in senior support at Verizon...

1st they (Verizon) did push an update to the Bionic without a soak test and it was disastrous for a lot of people

2nd it is very likely it will be the same version that was rolled out Christmas ever with a cleaned up installer to prevent the issues seen with updating the phone's.

3rd it hard as heck as in nearly impossible to send out one update to update 2 separate versions. If you were Gb .211 and .215 then is might work assuming all the system parts were the same ie their kernels. But JB is a different OS and a different kernel so their would have to be 2 separate updates. The primary system verification for a "valid" updater is that the name of the update has to match the current os on the phone.

4th this is probably why they were so quick to replace phones with the Gift update. We would have been considered of the upgrade path.

5th the new plan is to push the Christmas update to keep everyone on the upgrade path then upgrade everyone from there to the correct version. Free soak test but they have to eat the incorrectly installed phones with replacements.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Was the 246 for bionic ever soaked? They invited me but they didn't realize mark and matt had banned me from moto. I don't remember the soak ever happened. I think the 246 pushed first. A lot of us were already on the 247 at the time back in the good old cheesecake days.

yaterml

Reaction score
I don't remember the version but I got a soak notice for one day and the very next day the update went live... So no soak was done unless you consider a total rollout a soak test.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Was the 246 for bionic ever soaked? They invited me but they didn't realize mark and matt had banned me from moto. I don't remember the soak ever happened. I think the 246 pushed first. A lot of us were already on the 247 at the time back in the good old cheesecake days.
Yes it did and the roll out started about 2-3 weeks after the soak.