Motorola Droid vs HTC Eris

Tony Romo

Reaction score
Regardless of price, which is better?

I'm a big fan of smooth movement on the phone much like the iphone. I didn't play with the eris at the store, but the droid wasn't as smooth as I'd like. How do the phones compare?

I've never heard of HTC until looking at these phones... where did they come from? How are they?

R1Lover

Reaction score
I'm not sure what more you could want then the droid.... this thing is as smooth as it get's.... at least mine is.

What exactly was your issue with it?

OP
T

Tony Romo

Reaction score
it just doesn't flow and scroll smoothly like an iphone or a computer... a little choppy and delayed

R1Lover

Reaction score
I think you tried a bad phone then, because mine is smoother then anything I have used..... try another one.

NvrEnough

Reaction score
I came from the idont 3gs and It is just as smooth when surfing from what I can tell. It is different but still smooth.

SDiener72

Reaction score
you guys have to realize that android 2.0 is new

Im sure there will be updates pushed to smooth things out and optimize

Im very happy with the droid performance.

Granted its not as fas as the iphone. I think that the droid on a much better network like verizon makes up for that.

give it time
they will improve via software updates

I love how the droid automatically checks for app updates

DaHarder

Reaction score
I bought a DROID and the spouse picked up an ERIS, and...

There's simply no comparing the two, as the DROID is a far more capable, faster, and (yes) more fluid device in every respect.

Make no mistake, the ERIS is nice, but it really is just Android-Lite when compared to the DROID.

Choose the ERIS over the DROID only if money is a concern, or you happen to feel that it offers greater aesthetic appeal - Otherwise There's No Contest

DaHarder

Reaction score
you guys have to realize that android 2.0 is new

Granted its not as fas as the iphone. I think that the droid on a much better network like verizon makes up for that.

I love how the droid automatically checks for app updates

Hmm?

Actually my iPhone 3GS is somewhat 'slower' on almost any given task than my DROID.

Additionally: I'm not sure what iPhone you were using, but mine does (in fact) remind me of app updates.

OP
T

Tony Romo

Reaction score
Ok, I finally got my upgrade date moved up to today, so I can now buy a phone....

help deciding.... droid? Droid Eris? Wait for Passion?

Someone tell me about the 30 day return policy....

can I return it? or only exchange??? When is the passion coming out?