Motorola Droid Pro Hands On!

Reaction score
Blackberry hardware for android users, thats all it is. I'll have to keep my D1 till they find something better to churn out.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Here...two more of my two cents......I caught my nose flaring when I last went into a store while traveling because I was stooped a few months back at what droid I actually had. At that point I had not paid attention to the droid 2, and had had my droid only a few months. Now you are doing to tell me now I have to share the droid name with a makeover blackberry? Nay say, nay say, nay say, it is ugly,I hope it makes someone happy, and that commercial about the Droid being the last phone you buy....well.......wow its a double ringer now. Not fair. Simply pissed over some of the changes that will affect a droid, droid one user when mine crashes.xo i am done ranting.

brando56894

Reaction score
Although I would never buy it as I stated before, I can see why this is needed. A few of my friends at my college job have blackberrys and even after a few of us showing them that Android > BB they still refuse to believe it. As some of you mentioned this could be a driving for the conversion of blackberry users to android.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Relax everyone, this is aimed at the buiness people who use their phone strictly for work. I know my work wants android but they want a phone more inline with a BB.

Not everyone is going to want to watch movies or play games and listen to music on their device. I say good move as android will have a phone for almost every niche!!! Better to have more options VS just 1!

TheDude77

Reaction score
So I read that it will have a dual-mode chip - both CDMA and GSM. Will this meam people will be able to use it on any network they choose?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Relax everyone, this is aimed at the buiness people who use their phone strictly for work. I know my work wants android but they want a phone more inline with a BB.

Not everyone is going to want to watch movies or play games and listen to music on their device. I say good move as android will have a phone for almost every niche!!! Better to have more options VS just 1!

So I read that it will have a dual-mode chip - both CDMA and GSM. Will this meam people will be able to use it on any network they choose?

Exactly. It's not meant for teens, people who are more interested in playing games than doing productive tasks or retirees like me who want to surf the web and get email while traveling. It's meant for professionals who need a smartphone to do actual work and business. It's meant to get the BB and former Palm users who need a phone to make sales, provide customer service while on a trip and keep in contact with the office and customers. That's why it's called "Pro". It will be a success.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Don't understand all the ruckus about this, it's aimed at enterprise for the most part.

Slipstream

Reaction score

If you listened to people around here, you'd think only losers use their phone for silly things like making phone calls or checking their work email. Jobs are sooooooo 2005, anyway.. :dry: