Motorola Droid Pro Hands On!

brando56894

Reaction score
Droid Pro? More like Droid Meh... I just saw this posted on engadget an hour ago and Im glad to see that I'm not the only one that disappointed to see this is what the droid pro turned out to be. The droid 2 WE is way better than this, if theyre the same price why wouldnt you get the Droid 2 WE?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Might not be what we expected... but this device just sold one of my buddy's on getting Android. He was reluctant to give up his BB keyboard and this will make the transition easier :)

piquat

Reaction score
I'm relieved...

I was hoping this would be a disappointment. Getting pushed from Alltel to VZW on Jan. 1. I was so hoping this wouldn't be "it" for the end of the year.

Now I know I have something to look forward to.:)

supernatural

Reaction score
Ugly as sin. I'm pissed. This phone is not what I'm lookin for. Too bad I have an upgrade. Might as well wait for LTE phone now

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Yeah I must admit, this phone isn't too impressive. Unless you do a lot of traveling, I don't see this phone being popular at all.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
For those who love the phones with the mini qwerty keyboards, this phone will be a great option for them.

mobilecal

Reaction score
NOT everyone wants a touchscreen only or a slider to access a keyboard.

This will be popular among those who want a physical keyboard without the hassle of a slider.

It's almost :blackberry: :heart: :greendroid: = Droid Pro

rlfitz

Reaction score
it will only be good for comforting blackberry users thinking of getting a droid. so the transition is too much for them.

Cunha

Reaction score
This will be good for anyone that wants a good physical keyboard. I have a droid 2 coming to me, but I would have STRONGLY considered this phone over the droid 2. Not everyone wants the large DX form factor and some people really value a good keyboard. For many this will be a "best of both worlds" device.

Yeah. Sorry that it doesn't have dual core 1ghz processor or something like that, but it looks like a great phone and a MUCH much needed form factor for android. Props to motorola.

The only thing I wish they did was give it some top of the line styling. The DX styling is really simple and at the same time unique and attractive. This is rounded off run of the mill unattractive. I wish it was black with some 90 degree angles here and there.

I want to see it side by side with the D2. Its not for everyone, but it IS for a lot of people. I can't wait to try the keyboard. I hope it doesn't shame the D2 too much. If you're going to have a keyboard it might as well be a good one.

Shelooga

Reaction score
seriously? so i shouldve just gotten the droid 2 last week when i was at best buy? im one of those poeple who cant wait for my upgrade to kick in, and i almost upgraded from 1 to 2, buti figured ill wait til the pro drops and burn 600$ getting that. looks like its droid 2/best buy after work for me

SCDroid

Reaction score
I know its not what we are looking for (we as in current D1 or android phone owners) BUT this is going to sell. There are still a TON of Blackberry users out there and this is going to be very attractive to them. My gf has been very hesitant in coming to android from her bb but i showed her this and she said that looks like the phone she'll be upgrading too. Just remember a very small portion of Verizon customers customize and care about proccessing power and such. Just happens to be that we are all on this board! ha I don't consider it a fail, i think it'll do fine and i'll be waiting for the dual core phone!