[Video] Hands on Honeycomb and Motorola Android Tablet

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
moto-tab-gmail.jpg

We saw some pics posted late last night of Andy Rubin demoing the Motorola Android Tablet aka Motorola Stingray running an early version of Android "HoneyComb". Today you can watch the entire interview and a complete hands on thanks to allthingsd.com. This 8 minute video will give you a good overview of the next generation google map application designed for both android phones and tablets, new lock screen, new gmail for tablet interface, and a quick look at the ui. Watching this video will definitely get your mouth watering for this new hardware and software combo due out next year.

[video=youtube;koIzhLaRJJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koIzhLaRJJo[/video]

Source: AllThingsD.com

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
UI and Maps looks good, I like the vector that they're going to, woulda liked to see him go in to the satellite layer and how that would look... That tablet doesn't look like a 10 inch tho, that's what I'm holding out for (realllly liking the Notion Ink). I liked the direction we're going!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah I want one too. Personally I don't want one thats too big. It would be nice to be able to mount one in my car.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rhino413

Reaction score
Yeah I want one two but im going to hold out for honeycomb and I hope a manufactuer will make lets say an 8.5 inch tablet not quite as small as the Galaxy tablet and not and big as the Ipad as that thing is funky. 8.5" would be great. plus I want honeycomb to be a polished and tested OS

blade78

Reaction score
This Tablet looks to be thin like the IPad. I like it; but I wonder if it's going to have a similar price of an IPad.

TWong1200

Reaction score
As much as I hate how Moto's locked down the X, this tablet is making me drool!

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I actually like it. The OS looks like an Android-styled OS-X style of operating system. I believe Honeycomb seems to integrate well into tablets that do NOT have dedicated hardware buttons.

I think we can all agree Gingerbread seems to be the pinnacle of Mobile Operating System for Android (there aren't even much changes from Froyo), so I guess it only seems natural that Honeycomb, Android 3.0 is for tablets only.

I do like the Maps that they had, and it would make it easy for someone who is going somewhere where there is no cell service to pre-download maps of wherever they are going.

This one right here is about $10,000.....

lmfao.
Good answer Andy, touche!
There's a reason its a prototype. Motorola would be answering the question best as to how much it'll cost.

pingband

Reaction score
Wow, this really looks good, finally something without 1 inch bezel for a change!

pingband

Reaction score
I can kind of see why the iPad has that large bezel… Look at the way they are holding that tablet… Pinching the very edge with their thumb and trying very hard to keep their thumb from touching the capacitive screen…