Motorola Droid - First Walk Through!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check out the Motorola Droid displaying the time, date, weather, photos, music, and more!

[video=youtube;yBoB5Sfa-Ko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBoB5Sfa-Ko[/video]

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i forgot where i read, i think in the same article that first posted this video, that they were playing the a blackberry holster and it went into "car mode" or something.. they said depending on where the magnet was placed on the droid, it went into the two different modes. meaning there would be a separate car dock and it would automatically change to the appropriate setting/mode when placed in each..

cool. i'll take two.

J

JohnDroid

Just a small note, I do kind of hate the magnetic holders as if you have them in your pockets they can wipe your credit cards!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
true, hadn't thought of that.. but i never carry my wallet anyway, it stays in my car. maybe i shouldn't be posting that on the internet.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah the Moto droid will have magnetic features that you can turn off and on. There is a docking station that holds the phone up by magnets and turns on all the features you see. Clock, radio, weather, and whatever else it does. Which I think is an interesting feature, good or bad i don't know, but interesting none the less.

J

JohnDroid

I guess the problem is caused more by the holders that you use in your pocket... for example the BB "leather" sheath I used to carry. I had to always keep it in a different pocket then my wallet/credit cards.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh the little sleeve the BB shipped with? i never used it.. i used a holster that had a magnet in it though, and it worked really well. i doubt the droid(s) will ship with a blackberry-esque sleeve though because i don't know of many people that really used them. it will probably just be a feature for docking purposes.

also, do we know that the magnet is used to HOLD the droid in the dock?? i would think it is only used as a trigger.. it seems like it would just be additional wear to have it actually *snap* into a docking station. it should just be like the blackberry, where it was a VERY low power magnet, just enough to trip the sensor.

J

JohnDroid

oh the little sleeve the BB shipped with? i never used it.. i used a holster that had a magnet in it though, and it worked really well. i doubt the droid(s) will ship with a blackberry-esque sleeve though because i don't know of many people that really used them. it will probably just be a feature for docking purposes.

also, do we know that the magnet is used to HOLD the droid in the dock?? i would think it is only used as a trigger.. it seems like it would just be additional wear to have it actually *snap* into a docking station. it should just be like the blackberry, where it was a VERY low power magnet, just enough to trip the sensor.

I would also guess that it would be a low power magnet... but I guess we'll have to wait and see.