Motorola Droid - Exchange Server Questions

LeeSweet

Reaction score
I'd recommend getting TouchDown - it supports the security requirements that your Exchange Admins have put into effect, remote wipe, and much more.
I am the Exchange admin. We can't guarantee that people are using a third party app, that's why we want native remote wipe, like the HTC 2.1 has. This is getting ridiculous that these features are not included. (Or, if there are, someone point me to a list. I'm told that 2.1 is 2.1 and then I'm told HTC has it, Google/Moto Droid doesn't... ?!)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous that these features are not included.
Despite the tack than fanboys take claiming that their device is absolutely the best, not all devices are designed with enterprise usage in mind.

distancesprinter

Reaction score
Multiple Exchange ActiveSync

as an iphone/ipod user and hating the limited exchange accounts allowed, can someone tell me if a droid can connect to multiple exchange servers? as a consultant to several companies, i need to keep multiple identities... and multiple phones suck...

I have not been able to attach more than one ActiveSync account, personally. I read through this entire thread to see if anybody would bring this item up and to see if anybody solved this problem yet.

This may be enlightening: Smartphone Gurus -> Oi, HTC, where's my Android 2.1 multiple Exchange Sync?

If anybody figured out how to get two (well, five) ActiveSync accounts attached, please share.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
OK so now that 2.2 has rolled out and features... something new (i.e. I don't get the commercials saying "now Droid synchs with your corporate email".... um... my Droid has been synching with my corporate email on 2.1 since the day I got it. As are 4 other users here...).

I have been unable to find any info about how I (the IT Manager) am supposed to be able to remote wipe. A bit disappointed as Google made a big deal out of that feature but they do not (that I am able to find) explain how to set it up.

Anyone get this working care to share?

lmg09

Reaction score
Exchange Server

I am having issues with my calendar syncing with my Droid Incredible through my company's exchange server. Mail and contact sync with no problem, but the calendar always gets hung up during sync process.

Mudroom

Reaction score
We have two Motorola Droids from Verizon running with Small Business Exchange. About twice a month or so both Droids will lose their connection to the server "unable to open connection to the server". Droids can access internet etc fine. Rebooting the server fixes the problem but I hate to do that, particularly during office hours. I have tried powering off the Droids but that does not fix it.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

justus

Reaction score
My exchange email account only syncs when i click on the account icon or the universal box. How do I get the exchange server to sync automatically?

ThrottledU

Reaction score
Exchange 2010 sync doesn't work after update rollup 1

Anyone else have droid phones that can't get them to sync corporate accounts (exchange server 2010) after they applied update rollup 1 to the exchange server? It's a known bug and I am trying to find anyone that has been able to get past this.

I have a brand new exchange 2010 server that i want to migrate all of my users to, but can't because sync won't work until they release 2.2.1 update for all android phones....we have 500 users with these phones that are anxiously waiting to be moved to the new exchange server.

Someone, anyone have any thoughts? Apparently the issue is due to some SSL timeout that has changed and it's causing the sync to just fail, and the issue is an android issue from what i've read on the dev forums.

Thanks