Motorola Droid - Exchange Server Questions

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread will be reserved for all Microsoft Exchange and Motorola Droid questions..

Donsell

Reaction score
Encryption

Does anyone know if the Android Exchange sync will support SSL encryption?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This isn't a new charge. If you have a BB and are on the BES plan of $44.99 the charge will be the same. If you are on BIS (Blackberry Internet sevrice) it is going to be $30. Nice to the the spin on that articele though :mad:. I use my BB with BIS and work. We have our own severs so no biggie. BES isn't a requirement for most! I pay the $30 fee not the $45. It is only if you need thier exchange service or server. Hope that clears it up

Donsell

Reaction score
yes, thank you I think it does. Our corporate Exchange server pushes itself so there is no reason to pay Verizon to do it for you. I bet there are plenty of customers who pay them for Exchange push even when they don't need it.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes, thank you I think it does. Our corporate Exchange server pushes itself so there is no reason to pay Verizon to do it for you. I bet there are plenty of customers who pay them for Exchange push even when they don't need it.

I would have to agree with that. I found 4 people at work all carrying Storms all paying for BES. I had them all call and change the plan and helped them setup thier email so it still came through :).

dean.collins

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Droid will be getting BB Connect like you can on WinMo HTC Touch Pro?

Currently I dont think the Droid can connect with a BES server - if you know otherwise please post with detailed response.

tia,
Dean

xjman349

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Droid will be getting BB Connect like you can on WinMo HTC Touch Pro?

Currently I dont think the Droid can connect with a BES server - if you know otherwise please post with detailed response.

tia,
Dean

You are correct it will not connect with the BES because BES stands for Blackberry Enterprise Server and this is not a BB device.

dean.collins

Reaction score
yes but neither is the HTC Touch Pro but with the BB Connect application your can run BES applications on this windows mobile device.

xjman349

Reaction score
Or you can use MES, and do the same thing just differently.