Motorola Car Dock Suction Cup

warrenianbarr

Reaction score
Is this set up to be removed if I want to for changing cars? I noticed it has that lever that you flip but I am worried if I use it to much it will start to lose its suction power.

Thanks,
Warren

Moondonkey

Reaction score
You should be able to move it around with no problem. My old GPS had a similar setup. The only time it lacked any holding power was when it was really cold outside. I got mine yesterday, Its pretty cool.

What I have been debating about is whether to leave it up when I am around town. Even though its just a bracket, I am afraid that someone might think its a full blown GPS unit and break my car window to find out. What do ya'll doing about this?

OP
W

warrenianbarr

Reaction score
Yes that was also a concern of mine. So between taking it off and putting it back on due to that issue PLUS changing cars, I was worried that it would start to lose it's power.

Warren

jkayner

Reaction score
I leave mine in the car. I have it mounted directly under the rear view mirror, so it kind of blends in together. To me it looks pretty obvious it is not an actual GPS, but who know what the cracke out thieves are thinking when they are needing another fix

Moondonkey

Reaction score
I'm torn between the next to the rearview and close to the dashboard.

near rearview I can see and control better, but I dont like the cords hanging down near my gearshifter.

dashboard is better for cords, but harder to reach and read..

I need to come up with some nifty way to run the cords through the dash or something.

Mateles

Reaction score
I got the car dock but didn't want it on the windshield. So I also got a mounting kit from Pro-Fit Intl. and am installing it today. I really wanted to get the universal one that uses 3M adhesive so I could move it / change cars if needed, but using the regular suction cup as a test (the size looks similar) I found that the contours on my dash wouldn't let me put it anywhere I wanted and still get a good seal. So I got the one specific to my car model. The ball / swivel thing fits the regular Droid car dock with no additional adapters.