MOTOROKR™ S305 Bluetooth® Stereo Headphones - $24 today only

cisco0910

Reaction score
Swapped out my S305 at the Verizon store for a brand new one. Same result, skip tracks and pause play won't work on stock music app and Pandora. Process of elimination says it's my Droid.

cuskit

Reaction score
What did the technician have to say about it? I would think he may have done some troubleshooting, and perhaps narrowed it down to software or hardware. Which, since you have the same issue with new pair certainly does point to the droid. But as many of us don't have this issue, you should be able to resolve it.

It shows good CS at your store as they did give you a new pair. I guess their shortage problem is over.. cuskit

cisco0910

Reaction score
not sure cuskit, I'm sure they probably won't figure it out cause I've searched thru all possible possibilities. I have a feeling if I really complain they'll just wanna satisfy me and swap me out with a brand new phone and say mine is defective. I don't want to go thru the whole new phone thing and recustomise, etc thing..

I'll just live with it as I'm actually considering the s9 hd's..maybe better luck with those but then again it's probably my phone

Last edited:

HMJB

Reaction score
hey mine just came in today and it all works except Next/skip :x am I supposed to hold it longer or something to skip to next song? heh

Edit WOW Its working for me now.. its really picky on when to press it to skip stuff :eek:

Now I truly wish the stock media player plays tracks in order LOL

Last edited:

trickhog

Reaction score
Well, after having these headphones for a week...

I love them.

Today, I listened to music for about 4 hours. Kept the phone in my pocket the entire time, never took it out. The connection never dropped once that whole time. And I was in a crowded cafe' with lots of other laptops, electronics, etc. And the sound quality, while not audiophile-level, sounded better than most headphones you could get for $25.

I use Tunewiki as my player, and the headset controls work perfectly. In fact, a couple times I went to the restroom and when I did, I hit pause on headset. Turned if off, put the headphones in my bag, went to the restroom.

And when I came back to the table, I turned back on the headphones, put them on, hit play, and the music came back. Never took out the phone. And if a song I didn't like came on, I could hit the forward skip button to move past it.

And even, better, when I got a phone call, the music automatically stopped and it rang the headset. I hit the button on the headset to answer the call, and when I was done and hit the button again to end the call, the music automatically started up again.

My wife said the headset on the headphones wasn't very good at isolating my voice from the background noise, which would make sense because the mic is up by your ear and doesn't have any noise canceling. But I could hear her fine....so that's good enough for me. :)

All in all, very happy with the headphones. Especially at the price I paid.

cisco0910

Reaction score
update: my headset works with tunewiki and meridian. not the stock music app or pandora. I'll live although would be cool with pandora and I use tunewiki as my default anyway

cuskit

Reaction score
Weird how it works for some (stock music player and Pandora) and not others. Mine works with both - if it didn't I'd have sent it back right away! These are both my primary use for the earphones. Well, also listening to uTube on train commutes! ;) cuskit

mitchb2

Reaction score
My s305s also don't do anything when I press the Play/Pause or track forward/back buttons. They beep but they don't do anything.

cuskit

Reaction score
My s305s also don't do anything when I press the Play/Pause or track forward/back buttons. They beep but they don't do anything.
What music player are you using? Is everything fine with the Droid speaker?

Are you sure you have bluetooth enabled, and that it confirms paired connection?

mike

mitchb2

Reaction score
Yes, they are paired. On the Droid: "Motorola s305 connected to phone and media audio."

Music plays fine through the headset. When I take a call the music pauses as it should, and when I hang up it resumes. Volume buttons work. Media control buttons don't work at all.

This is with the stock Music app, so I tried it with Pandora and got the same thing. No workee.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Okay, I just got off of Live Chat with Motorola CS (a really nice service, actually).
They agree that the control buttons should work with the Droid and they are escalating to the next level. They will get back to me.

cuskit

Reaction score
Okay, I just got off of Live Chat with Motorola CS (a really nice service, actually).
They agree that the control buttons should work with the Droid and they are escalating to the next level. They will get back to me.
MM live chat is great!

Sounds like a replacement will probably be coming your way... :) mike