Moto Z Getting Oreo "In a Few Weeks"

Soccerref12

Reaction score
I've changed it, but it's still some default sound.
5bec750972fc592dece4b57e0866a1c6.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
You can choose whatever folder you want. Doesn't have to be a default ringtone.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You can choose whatever folder you want. Doesn't have to be a default ringtone.

I cannot, along with other Moto Z users. Obviously there is a bug in here somewhere since some people can and some cannot. And for me this all worked great until the day I upgraded to 8.0

Soccerref12

Reaction score
I cannot, along with other Moto Z users. Obviously there is a bug in here somewhere since some people can and some cannot. And for me this all worked great until the day I upgraded to 8.0

It's what you're using for a file manager app. Use a different file manager and to can choose whatever folder you want.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am using the stock file manager. For me it's not an issue anymore. I'm just biding my time until the Z3 Force is released, I am done with 8.0 Oreo. I just picked stock sounds for everything and it is working. For others that want to use custom sounds a different file manager might be a good option. I also think PereDroid posted a while back that there are now 2 folders for custom sounds and the file you want to pick has to be in a specific folder ?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Still stand by what I said. I can't believe anyone uses that crappy Messages app. Talk about lack of features. Bleh....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I am using the stock file manager. For me it's not an issue anymore. I'm just biding my time until the Z3 Force is released, I am done with 8.0 Oreo. I just picked stock sounds for everything and it is working. For others that want to use custom sounds a different file manager might be a good option. I also think PereDroid posted a while back that there are now 2 folders for custom sounds and the file you want to pick has to be in a specific folder ?

I can't even get stock sounds to work on the Android Message app. The sound is the same as breaking news, as is gmail, as it etc.... I've tried multiple sounds and it shows a different sound, but comes across as the default whatever...
Frustrating. I switched over to Pulse and going to give it a try. The test text I received does have a customized notification, so I'm happy.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal. I saw your post about Pulse. So I guess I stand partially corrected, some apps will allow you to pick & use custom sounds. Glad you are able to get things setup the way you want.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Good deal. I saw your post about Pulse. So I guess I stand partially corrected, some apps will allow you to pick & use custom sounds. Glad you are able to get things setup the way you want.

It's not as cozy as pre-Oreo, but if I can get it somewhat back to where I was with things, I'll be happier.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I use Textra and I was able to keep all my custom notifications. That includes custom alarm, text ping, and ringtone. No issues at all.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
In the time it took to type that on your phone, you could have tried it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oh he knows I love him. Just saw some irony there. Replying to a post...on his phone... That he hadn't tried the thing on her s phone that literally takes 10 seconds to try.