Oreo roll out news: Moto Z, LG G6, V30, Shield TV

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
1503075489_android-8.0-oreo.jpg

Yes, that's right the nearly 2 year old Moto Z is getting Oreo as I type this. Oh, but of course there'a catch. Sorry VERIZON users, only the unlocked Moto Z is getting it right now. One can only assume this means Verizon just needs to sign off, so hopefully they will release it soon?
Other handsets getting the Oreo update over the past few weeks include the LG V30 and just this week the G6 both Verizon variants. Asus released it for the ZenFone 3. Xiaomi for the Remi Note 5.

AND officially TODAY the Nvidia Shield TV Oreo update is LIVE. Anyone have one to confirm this?

SOURCE: GSMArena & Google.
Photo: Neowin,com

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Oh cool! For those who are getting it right now, anyway.
Sheesh, hurry up Verizon....
1503075489_android-8.0-oreo.jpg

Yes, that's right the nearly 2 year old Moto Z is getting Oreo as I type this. Oh, but of course there'a catch. Sorry VERIZON users, only the unlocked Moto Z is getting it right now. One can only assume this means Verizon just needs to sign off, so hopefully they will release it soon?
Other handsets getting the Oreo update over the past few weeks include the LG V30 and just this week the G6 both Verizon variants. Asus released it for the ZenFone 3. Xiaomi for the Remi Note 5.

AND officially TODAY the Nvidia Shield TV Oreo update is LIVE. Anyone have one to confirm this?

SOURCE: GSMArena & Google.
Photo: Neowin,com

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nice to see in some places comprising the entire Universe - Some things NEVER change. Verizon s l o w to offer updates , Like we are trapped in an underground lair and there are only two Oreo's for everyone to share.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Didn't google/verizon say the Moto Z Force would receive 8 in the future?
Yes. We are on the schedule, just don't know when. The Z Play has received it in many / most unlocked & overseas locations, but not the US variants. The Z2 Play unlocked & overseas locations have received it, but not the US variants. And now it sounds like the Moto Z unlocked & overseas locations are receiving it. I guess we are waiting on Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc here in the US.

Last edited:
R

RETG

Phone works great, so I guess I don't care. However, at the rate Verizon and/or Google are going, I'll be using an iPhone before the update.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
so an update... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this update, most of my issues with 7.0 are fixed... the notification panel is MUCH prettier, the pip mode is awesome... I can now watch youtube do other things easily... just slide the video around the screen. There are very few things I haven't liked so far, so few that I can't even think of any right now.

WHY these companies are waiting so long to release such a great update is beyond me. I almost skipped it, glad I didn't.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I use the quick App Shortcuts a lot. That has been my biggest like with 7.1.1

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Y'all aren't making it easy on those of us who are still waiting lol.

If it makes you feel any better this is the first phone I've ever had that actually got updates I didn't have to rom in myself... And the rom updates and builds always had something messed up with them.

D2G... No updates... Droid bionic, HA first lte phone, NO UPDATES FOR YOU CAUSE WE RELEASED THE RAZR... Get a Droid razr.... Nope there's a better phone out... Gn2.... No updates... Lg v20.... The what? Oh that thing with the funny extra screen? No...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yeah, I get it. Former Bionic owner here. I do remember updating once -- with something I owned. Maybe Jellybean to KitKat???
It's exciting to know there's something coming out that I might be able to upgrade to, but if not, I'm okay. My phone works fine, honestly.
If it makes you feel any better this is the first phone I've ever had that actually got updates I didn't have to rom in myself... And the rom updates and builds always had something messed up with them.

D2G... No updates... Droid bionic, HA first lte phone, NO UPDATES FOR YOU CAUSE WE RELEASED THE RAZR... Get a Droid razr.... Nope there's a better phone out... Gn2.... No updates... Lg v20.... The what? Oh that thing with the funny extra screen? No...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk