New Security Patch Update

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Security patch update for Moto Z Play and Z2 Play
Verizon Moto Z Play, Z2 Play Updated With August Security Patch | Droid Life

Verizon is rolling out the August security patch to owners of the Moto Z Play and Moto Z2 Play.

Aside from the bump in security, there doesn’t seem to be anything else inside of these updates. The updates are labeled as NDNS26.118-23-1 for the Z Play and NDSS26.118-23-4 for the Z2 Play.

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.

Before you download:

Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection.

Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.

collapse
Current Software Update Benefits
Software Version: NDSS26.118-23-4

Android Security Patch Level: 2017-08-01

The current software update gives you the most up to date Android® security patches on your device.

Next steps and additional links:

Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.

If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade / Repair Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.
----------------
On Edit:
It took a few minutes to download, and installing was about seven minutes, or so. BUT, when restarting the screen froze for about five minutes. I guess it was still installing or something. Then it proceeded on and everything is fine. So, if your screen seems to freeze, I guess that's normal . Thanks droidlife for the info.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the update TxDoc!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Installing on my wife's Moto Z Play now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk