Moto Z Getting Oreo "In a Few Weeks"

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Everything shows it's already set to optimize -- except for Wear OS. Maybe I should download that Clean Sweep (or whatever it's called) that I used to use a long time ago.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Everything shows it's already set to optimize -- except for Wear OS. Maybe I should download that Clean Sweep (or whatever it's called) that I used to use a long time ago.

naw, cleansweep is basically the same. you don't need something else to use your phones resources. If it already says optimize, then let it be and just watch it for a day or so. hopefully it will take care of itself.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Noted, thanks

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Sorry for the short response, I was running errands after work and wanted to post before you went into Battery Optimization and set it to On for everything. And then your watch would stop working correctly.

I don't think it's an optimization issue, seems deeper and more in depth than that. Kind of like the Turbo 2. After the third OS update some folks could only get a few hours of use, my battery life was still decent.

Everything I had Optimized on Nougat is still optimized on Oreo. For me, Apps, Launcher and System UI are my killers. I fix the No 1 app and another moves up. Can't really do much about Launcher and System UI. If I'm gonna spend all this time "fixing apps" by uninstalling and reinstalling I might as well factory reset.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Sorry for the short response, I was running errands after work and wanted to post before you went into Battery Optimization and set it to On for everything. And then your watch would stop working correctly.

I don't think it's an optimization issue, seems deeper and more in depth than that. Kind of like the Turbo 2. After the third OS update some folks could only get a few hours of use, my battery life was still decent.

Everything I had Optimized on Nougat is still optimized on Oreo. For me, Apps, Launcher and System UI are my killers. I fix the No 1 app and another moves up. Can't really do much about Launcher and System UI. If I'm gonna spend all this time "fixing apps" by uninstalling and reinstalling I might as well factory reset.

No need to apologize to me, if that's who you were directing it towards. I totally understand and sometimes respond with quick answers as well. Thanks for the heads up on the watch. That would've thrown me into a tizzy lol
I'm going to clean the cache again tonight, do another reboot, and see what tomorrow brings. As it stands, it's not bad, but was the second down for battery consumption today. I've never seen it appear on my battery use before today -- ever. In fact, I truly didn't even know I had it until Pere let me know I did LOL

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

it has never affected my smart watch but it runs tizen. I cannot see how it would affect wear os other than possibly turn off bluetooth. surprised I never heard about this before. guess going have to do some research when I get off of work tonight.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
No need to apologize to me, if that's who you were directing it towards. I totally understand and sometimes respond with quick answers as well. Thanks for the heads up on the watch. That would've thrown me into a tizzy lol
I'm going to clean the cache again tonight, do another reboot, and see what tomorrow brings. As it stands, it's not bad, but was the second down for battery consumption today. I've never seen it appear on my battery use before today -- ever. In fact, I truly didn't even know I had it until Pere let me know I did LOL

before clearing cache again, make sure all of your apps are updated first.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Thanks, I will. I've been keep up on them all day today. I'll check again right before I do anything. Right now, I'm off to clean some equipment before a big training event this weekend, so I'll deal with the phone in an hour or so. Thanks for all your help and advice!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
it has never affected my smart watch but it runs tizen. I cannot see how it would affect wear os other than possibly turn off bluetooth. surprised I never heard about this before. guess going have to do some research when I get off of work tonight.
Oh yes, with Android Wear / Wear OS it will kill the Bluetooth connection between the watch & phone. And through users into a tizzy, as mentioned previously. . We discussed it a long time ago in the Android Wear thread on here, back when we had a lot of watch users and those threads were much more active. Speaking of....we have to revive our smartwatch section. It used to be the best one on all Forums & now it's kind of dead. Back on track....I am still sticking with apps & Settings that just don't play well with 8.0 Oreo. Not much you can do about it, except....

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Go do that FDR, @Sajo You'll feel much better once that nasty task is behind you. Maybe tomorrow, if I'm slow at work, I come up with some ditzy :confused: question to ask in the smart watch forum to help get things moving again.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I will. As soon as I find a few hours one day to focus on that & only that.