Moto Z Getting Oreo "In a Few Weeks"

I can test TuneIn bit I'm 80% sure anything that streams works.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Thank you for your help and reply Pere Droid. ✌

Went on a road trip for work today, tested a few different apps. TineIn worked fine. Stitcher did not. So there a streaming ng app that doesn't work. Forgot to mention it's also dependent on your Head unit. Mazdas have this issue because it doesn't support the newer BT standard.

Thanks for the update and info, Pere Droid No update here, yet
Went on a road trip for work today, tested a few different apps. TineIn worked fine. Stitcher did not. So there a streaming ng app that doesn't work. Forgot to mention it's also dependent on your Head unit. Mazdas have this issue because it doesn't support the newer BT standard.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I wonder if they forgot about us? I first saw the message on April 9th. It's been more than "a few weeks". I guess I'm just impatient.

It's been over a month since the first "in a few weeks" post. The flame of hope is sputtering...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There have been rumors of serious issues with Oreo on the Z Play and a possible update halt, then back on again. It's hard to say what's true....other than a lot of issues on the Moto forum with the Z Play. I guess we shall see what happens with the US variants at some point.

Thank you Sajo...If that's even a possibility, I'll do like NASA and go on an indefinite launch hold..
There have been rumors of serious issues with Oreo on the Z Play and a possible update halt, then back on again. It's hard to say what's true....other than a lot of issues on the Moto forum with the Z Play. I guess we shall see what happens with the US variants at some point.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I think most of the reported issues would be cleared up with a factory reset, but many people refuse to accept that advice.

I think most of the reported issues would be cleared up with a factory reset, but many people refuse to accept that advice.

Totally agree! If most people would just let Google Play reload the apps (30 minutes or so), they wouldn't have any issues to begin with. Most people with issues start playing with their phone as soon as it reboots.

Hmmm.. alot of this sounds oddly reminiscent of the OG Turbo Marshmallow update.

It's probably a small step closer. The carriers have to be the hold up here in the US. Moto Z Play (many models, not all) and Z2 Play overseas have already received Oreo. I have a Z Force Droid, a Z Play Droid and a Z2 Play Verizon branded on my account and none have received anything. I might have my Z3 Force before my Z Force has Oreo.

I wonder if they should have just left the Z series alone and left us on 7.1.1? I hate to see this be the OS update that kills these phones.

Back