Moto Droid Newbie question...

Grettski

Reaction score
My wife and I have both had the Eris since January. We went through the whole 2.1 thing and are still having plenty of issues. Verizon offered to replace both phones with the Moto Droid and I should have them sometime Tuesday. My question is this....We both have plenty of apps on our phones and Im wondering if I can just put the SD cards from each Eris into the Moto. I will of course backup all apps and contacts before I do anything. Reading in here is sounds like almost everyone has 2.2 now. Should I update both Motos before I do anything else?
Oh, and any problems with bluetooth? The Eris has problems with it and our state just went hands free....
Hope the Moto is a great phone! dancedroid

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If it's free, yes, get the Moto's and root em! Haha. As for your apps, Yea just make backups. If your eris is rooted you can backup data with Titanium Backup (pretty sure its a rooted app only, i dono tho) otherwise youll lose your apps data. No big deal.

OP
Grettski

Grettski

Reaction score
Quick update......CSR called me today and said they didnt have any backs for the Moto Droid. So "if is ok with you, we are sending you the incredible instead". lol. Oh, and they only shipped one overnight and the other I will get on Wednesday. But for my inconvenience, they are sending extended life batteries. This kinda thing NEVER happens to me. Thanks Big Red. You really came through on this one!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Any of your apps that are paid from the market are linked to your google account so when you activate your new phones and sign into google your paid apps will reload to your phone (same with your contacts and calendar). However, the data (setups and such) will be lost so you will have reset up any of your apps that had special stuff in them. Also the free apps you downloaded will not automatically redownload. You will have to search them out in the market and redownload them.

Now if you do decide to root the incredible then yes you can use a backup program like Titanium or Mybackup Pro to back up your apps and data. then once you sign back in and allow your phone to fully sync you can restore your apps back to the way they were when you made the backup.