Two questions, one about ringtone, the other about SMS

ashenfang

Reaction score
Hey all. I am new to the Droid but have figured most of it out fairly easily from playing around with it. I took advantage of the buy one get the free eris. I have the droid and my wife is using the eris. I think both are great phones, but I have a couple questions.

On the moto droid -
Is there an app to manage "ringtones" and "sounds"? I am using Mabilo to download a few free tones, however, after I download them I can't figure out how to add them to my ringtones list in settings. Any help appreciated.

On the Eris -
This only happens on certain SMS messages, for example, messages that contain a picture with a sound attached. When the phone receives the SMS it breaks apart the picture file and sound file making them two different attachments instead of just displaying the picture with the sound at the same time. Any ides?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the Droid Zedge is great for managing ringtones. Though you really don't need anything... On your SD card simply make a folder called "ringtones" and another called "notifications" and, if you want another called "alarms" sounds placed in those folders will be displayed in the corresponding lists.

Don't have an Eris so you'll have to wait for someone else:icon_ devil:

OP
A

ashenfang

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...I will try creating those folders.