How slow is the Eris compared to Moto Droid?

movadoevo8

Reaction score
If i was you i would do what someone recommended above, get the droid incredible. At least you upgrading not downgrading and get the size you described nice and thin.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
If i was you i would do what someone recommended above, get the droid incredible. At least you upgrading not downgrading and get the size you described nice and thin.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I would in a heartbeat. But I don't have an upgrade, and the wife and I have 4 lines already, so adding a line isn't an option.

So I figured that selling my Droid and buying a used phone on ebay was my only option.

r3dpnt

Reaction score
A rooted and overclocked Eris isn't too bad to use but you will notice it's slower. If you do go this route you have to make sure you buy an Eris with a hackable boot loader.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't buy an Eris...Verizon has killed it off.

no they haven't....

the current eris and incredible are on the closeout/phaseout list because they are being issued new product numbers due to the new packaging and larger sd card thats going to come with both devices so the old products need to be cleared out for the new ones.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Not exactly...

The Eris is no longer on Verizon website's 3G smartphone lineup normal search/browse. Now it IS there in Smartphone Resource Center, I just checked after reading something in another forum.

But I also have just read ppl not being able to complete orders online and Verizon CS telling them to order over the phone or in a local store. I checked and the Omnia 1 is gone too completely, its not even in the Resource Center....

That discontinue rumor about the Inc was about the changed SKU for the new box and sd card, but that was for the Inc. The Eris is on its way out this year, probably in a few months.

Look at it like this: The Inc. is retiring the Eris; the Omnia 2 retired the Omnia 1. It wont be long before the Droid is retired by the Droid 2.

Last edited:

ytwokc5

Reaction score
I have the Droid, my wife has the Eris. The Eris is painfully slow. Think 486 pc slow.
Unfortunately my wife's Eris has the 1.49 S-On bootloader, which has not been rooted yet.

I would not even consider a Droid to Eris move.