Blackberry 8530 to Eris

joeb33

Reaction score
I have a chance to change my phone from the Blackberry 8530 to the Droid Eris. The eris will be my main go to internet useage outside of work. Not really happy with the BB internet and how it works. Will I be happy making the switch?

Also is there a GPS app for the Eris? Looking to run or bike and log my runs or rides using this phone.

sgm-co

Reaction score
You should be pleased with web access coming from a Blackberry.

The device is GPS enabled. You would have to check the Marketplace for a specific app that meets your requirements.

tats_06

Reaction score
You should be pleased with web access coming from a Blackberry.

The device is GPS enabled. You would have to check the Marketplace for a specific app that meets your requirements.

I agree with SGM-CO...I came from a storm 2 about two months ago and have not looked back. :)

J R

Reaction score
Yes, Since its Google--a lot of it is GPS oriented. Dont remember the name but they have an app specifically what you are looking for, One I found is called RUNNER ( free) but I believe I saw a better one but havent used them. Cardio Trainer is another ( free).

fbm111

Reaction score
Get a Moto Droid.

What is the purpose of this post? I find it very comical that I keep seeing these types of posts. What is this based on? Have you ever had and used an eris for any legnth of time? You obviously prefer the droid over the eris but why? So you can say you have the better specced phone? Well I have had both and used both. I wouldn't give 5 dollars more for the droid over the eris. To me the eris is the better choice because of size and touch screen usabilty. The keyboard on the droid is pretty much useless for my fingers. And I saw no speed difference between the 2 so the droid having faster processor is pointless in my opinion.

I wonder if there is any data anywhere on how many droids vs eris have been sold and returned.