2.1 OS version 3 leak

divalibra

Reaction score
I found this over at androidforum.com. It is the third version of the 2.1 leak..there is also a change log listing the updates. I have flashed it to my phone and have been running it for about an hour and so far havent noticed a significant difference with the exception of being able to download more htc widgets such as daily challenge, battery, etc. I am not sure if that was fixed in the 2nd version of the leak.

Here is the link..
HTC DROID Eris OS 2.1v3 download - Android Forums

Twist0fate

Reaction score
I have a 2.1 OS on my phone right now that was from over a month ago. Is this different in any way?

Twist0fate

Reaction score
I found this over at androidforum.com. It is the third version of the 2.1 leak..there is also a change log listing the updates. I have flashed it to my phone and have been running it for about an hour and so far havent noticed a significant difference with the exception of being able to download more htc widgets such as daily challenge, battery, etc. I am not sure if that was fixed in the 2nd version of the leak.

Here is the link..

I found the differences but is this verison rooted?

Ataranine

Reaction score

Here is the link..

I found the differences but is this verison rooted?
Nope, sure isn't.

Rick271

Reaction score
How do I backup my existing if I install this from my stock 1.5 version?

thanks

Bxrider117

Reaction score

thanks

There is no way to back up stock 1.5 Android version. If you dive into this rom there is no returning to stock. With that said, I just upgraded my wife's Eris and this is a really nice rom. 2.1 looks great on the Eris. Makes it somewhat comprable to the Incredible, minus the processor, live wallpapers and friendstream.

Ataranine

Reaction score

thanks

There is no way to back up stock 1.5 Android version. If you dive into this rom there is no returning to stock. With that said, I just upgraded my wife's Eris and this is a really nice rom. 2.1 looks great on the Eris. Makes it somewhat comprable to the Incredible, minus the processor, live wallpapers and friendstream.
......And the more polished UI.

addisontodd

Reaction score
I upgraded to 2.1 about two months ago... Love the actual interface but the frakkin' thing won't work right for calls... AT ALL. Any trouble with this one?

chops

Reaction score
i have had it on my wifes phone for about week runs pretty good just not all apps are showing up in the android market due to the fact it is not the final release version of the update. oh supposedly this version fixed all glitches with the last version

addisontodd

Reaction score
I think maybe I'll do it then, because this call issue is annoying. Also it makes me log into Google every restart of the phone.

Aries

Reaction score
Thanks! Works great. For those that are curious, if you have an older version of 2.1, you can install this with no problem.

ryblock

Reaction score
Not yet. I also have the v3 leak (or rather my wife does :) ) . No rooting yet because of the newer version of hboot. Many many people waiting on this root