Droid Anti-Regret

andrewdoane

Reaction score
On release day I ordered a Droid. As I was waiting for it to arrive I had a little remorse, thinking I should have checked out other options before committing to a 2-year deal.

Since that time I have had a chance to fool around with a Palm Pre and Pixi, a Blackberry Storm2 and Curve, an HTC Hero and Touch Pro2. Every single time I have laughed at the prospect of buying one of those instead of my Droid. In particular, I found the the Palm Pre to be just a little piece of garbage. To think I was considering waiting until January when the Pre was going to come to Verizon.

I have not yet played with a Droid Eris or (of course) an HTC Passion. When the Passion comes out I may have authentic regret, but I doubt it. I bought what is, for me, the best phone in the universe.

So I have Droid Anti-Regret. Any similar experiences? Anyone have Droid Regret?

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Coming from Storm1 I was tempted to go to Storm2 but it's the same device with more memory, wifi, and a non-clickable keyboard. I was also tempted to wait for the Palm Pre also, a friend at work has one and really likes it. Look pretty slick and not a brick like the storm or Droid (actually the droid is more of a tank). I also thought about waiting for the iphone to come to VZW. After weighing it all the iphone will be kick ass with the VZW network but it's still a closed proprietary platform. I'm not a developer but like the fact the Droid is an open platform which really unleashes the creativity of the developer which can be good or bad. I like the fact that I can switch to a physical keyboard if I don't like the virtual keyboard, though I haven't. I can't stand the physical keyboard, slows me down.
Bottom line I have Droid ANTI-REGRET.
Droid really DOES

bbtkd

Reaction score
On release day I ordered a Droid. As I was waiting for it to arrive I had a little remorse, thinking I should have checked out other options before committing to a 2-year deal.

Since that time I have had a chance to fool around with a Palm Pre and Pixi, a Blackberry Storm2 and Curve, an HTC Hero and Touch Pro2. Every single time I have laughed at the prospect of buying one of those instead of my Droid. In particular, I found the the Palm Pre to be just a little piece of garbage. To think I was considering waiting until January when the Pre was going to come to Verizon.

I have not yet played with a Droid Eris or (of course) an HTC Passion. When the Passion comes out I may have authentic regret, but I doubt it. I bought what is, for me, the best phone in the universe.

So I have Droid Anti-Regret. Any similar experiences? Anyone have Droid Regret?

I too was waiting for the Pre to come to Verizon. Then my son mentioned the Droid and I got looking at it. Then somebody reminded me about the new every year plan which I qualify for. The clincher though was the Mac commercial where the lady decides that since she had to move her crap to a new OS anyway, why not make a clean break. I realized that it was going to be so much work to move to the Pre, I may as well move to something better. Now I am reading that the Pre is a piece of junk, with some folks having to replace it many times. I predict that Android phones will be the the last straw for Palm and they won't be around in a year. WebOS may be the start of something great, but it's too little too late. Android won't kill iPhone or Crackberry but it will contribute to the death of Palm. Windows based smartphones will be next on the list...

boatman2220

Reaction score
I'd never even heard of the Droid when I went in to Verizon to upgrade my Storm to 5.0 and check out the Storm2. There was a very savy Customer Service guy there that knew the capabilities of the Droid. He showed me the features of it as we waited on the update on the Storm. I went home did some research and here I am. I was no way as good as some of the CrackBerries are. It had some good user features, but it was something you'd never put a hard case on as you were always pulling the battery. After several weeks of playing around with the Droid I've found that it will do anything I really need to do. I realized when I got the Droid that I was getting in on new hardware and new OS. Some learning curve and some things to get worked out. No regrets what so ever. It puts a little smile on my face every time I learn another little trick this thing can and will do. :byestorm: