More proof of two RAZR devices?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
2qmhsns.png

Yesterday Shadez posted a thread on the possibility of ATT getting a RAZR device. Well after some "investigating", I didnt find much but I did find this article on Motorola's blog. It is an update log of what phones are on what Android OS. Before they list the devices and what OS they are currently on, there is a note from them about the ICS update

A note about Ice Cream Sandwich:

We are planning to upgrade DROID RAZR, Motorola RAZR, Motorola XOOM and DROID BIONIC by Motorola to Ice Cream Sandwich. We will provide more precise guidance on timing after post-public push of Ice Cream Sandwich by Google, as well as any possible additions to this list of devices.

Notice how there is not 1 but 2 RAZR's on there. There is the DROID RAZR and then the MOTOROLA RAZR. Now this may not mean anything at all. It can simply be a mistake on Motorola's behalf. But I thought it was a little weird having them list the RAZR twice with different brandings before them.

SOURCE: https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

Attachments

• droid razr.png
    droid razr.png
    29 KB · Views: 475

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
For what it's worth. I'm positive Moto confirmed the existence of an overseas razr + it being multi carrier in the USA.

Verizon just gets it first. Kind if like how Cingular had the first razr for a bit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Detonation

Reaction score
Also note the omission of any other phone, such as the Droid 3. I can understand if the X/X2 don't get it, but the Droid 3 is only 2 months older than the Bionic and has almost the exact same specs.

Heywood

Reaction score
Remember back in the day, Moto had the RAZR and the KRZR

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Also note the omission of any other phone, such as the Droid 3. I can understand if the X/X2 don't get it, but the Droid 3 is only 2 months older than the Bionic and has almost the exact same specs.
True, but Motorola also said they would add more devices to the list. The listed devices aren't the only ones getting it, they are just the "for sure" ones. They mentioned they would add more devices as soon as ICS is release by Google.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Motorola RAZR is the international RAZR. Droid RAZR is the US model.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Well Google did say any phone that can run GB will receive ICS so I wouldn't be to worried.

BigFwoosh

Reaction score
Motorola RAZR is the international RAZR. Droid RAZR is the US model.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums
Yep, this is what Motorola said during the RAZR event last week. The Droid branding is a US thing. Similarly, the Droid 1, 2, and 3 are the Milestone 1, 2, and 3 overseas.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
There may actually be 3 RAZR's .. 2 in the US, 1 overseas. One of the 2 US versions will be a global version. From hint's I've been receiving.

tno

Reaction score
The Moto RAZR will no doubt be a pentaband GSM phone so we can expect that it will be available for AT&T and T-Mobile. The branding was announced previously, so yes, two models (SKUs), one GSM, one CDMA/LTE.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Well my OG runs GB pretty well (after complete SBF and ReRoot) so how about some ICS love for it ;)

Gotta talk to the ROMMERS bout that. Though when I brought it up on petes forum people weren't too warn to it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
My OG Droid was smoking and sizzling on GB, theres no way ICS will be able to go on it lol. Can't wait til they release a timeline for the Xoom upgrade.