More excited about the nexus 5 or 4.4 key lime pie (kit kat)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

google_nexus5_white_box-578-80.jpg

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
4.4. Being on VZ the Nexus 5 will do nothing for me. Not big on the lack of SD card anyway or an on-board battery,but I could deal with the other features if it were actually available on VZ for $350. It would get me a phone for literally half the cost of what I'm looking at paying for the N3 Dev edition coming next month.

Wireless printing and other features now being native is pretty nice, plus any increases in smoothness that will be realized.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Having a non exchangeable battery is going to bother a LOT of people dead set on this device. I also came from a Galaxy Nexus and agree that the Note 3 is a better choice (or G2 as I'm using :),)... We'll see I guess. Having the same battery size as the OEM extended Galaxy Nexus battery has, we'll find out just how well the power consumption savings from using a new CPU and GPU (and radios as well) are. Well, anyone getting the N5 can tell me.. I'm quite happy.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I am still happy with my S4 but am intrigued in the N5. Will wait a bit after initial launch to see some reviews and battery life stats but may end up grabbing one.

Reaction score
Rocking a G2 here in the minority and loving every second of it. It's a shame the N5 won't hit Verizon. Stupid companies hindering innovation.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
More excited about the software update - constantly upgrading hardware to keep up with the times is for the birds :wink-b:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
4.4 for me. I hate to admit it, but I actually like some of the stuff I can do in TouchWiz that you can't do in AOSP. Don't get me wrong, I have XPosed framework on my Note 3 so I can do a few things differently, but still, Samsung finally let me do many of the things I would use an AOSP rom for. All those little software differences now is innovation to me, but from 4.4 and from TouchWiz (Air Command is my big one on the Note 3. Crazy useful.).

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
With my droid maxx I only hope we get those updates faster than past bionic experience

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Is there any word on if the N5 will even be available for VZW yet??? Have to say I am still disappointed with the N5. If it had been pretty much the same as the G2, as in same screen, button placement and battery size) it would be a winner IMO. So no I have no interest in it. Besides I actually like some of the fluff on the G2. Not as over-powering or obnoxious as Touchwiz. Some of them like the customizable notification toggles, lots of system font choices, lock screen customization, lower button customization and several other things are what would normally make me want to flash a custom ROM. So give me chocolate I guess.

Last edited: