More and more people choosing the D2 over DX

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am seeing more and more people bypassing the dx for the droid 2. The big reason is that it has a keyboard. I played with the droid x and I gladly give up a little screen size for a keyboard. Now If they come out with a device the size of the DX with a keyboard I may have to give it a look. The droid 2 just feels like a better device with better software but that is my opinion. Dont get me wrong the droid x is a nice phone and I would prefer it over the iphone....but if I had to choose between the DX and the D2 again. It will be the D2. And I am seeing more and more people do the same.....

Reaction score
You're right. I had the Droid x before the Droid 2. I returned my Droid x partially because it was faulty, and partially because the Droid 2 had similar high end specs and a physical keyboard (which I consider a must have feature).
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Im the complete opposite....I HATE the physical keyboard, and so.....prefer the X alot.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
The keyboard was a huuuge reason why I chose the DX ..i got the droid 1 the day it came out nd I almost never used the physical keyboard

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

stonecaster

Reaction score
Yea the physical keyboard is a must for me also. I love my Droid2

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I am seeing more and more people bypassing the dx for the droid 2.

Everyone has the right to choose a sub-standard device if they wish :D

musicman

Reaction score
The keyboard was a deciding feature for me as well. I hate them and I love my DX. Best phone ever!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Quality is experience and preference, not fact in most cases. My opinion is that some people are not needing the extra screen or features of the dx. Sub-standard is a very aggressive term to use based on your opinions though. I got my d2 on preference. The dx was not right for me. Too large mostly and the shape threw me off. I use the keyboard tons and like having my screen for writing notes, poems,music and other stuff...also for emulators and such.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Rocky

Reaction score
Now If they come out with a device the size of the DX with a keyboard I may have to give it a look.
Hello, PC747.

I'd definitely have a look at it too. I've actually been waiting for something like that to come up.

Regards

Rocky

Reaction score
The Droid 2 isn't sub standard. it's a great phone.
Hi, Mark.

All I meant was that I could really use a D2 with a DX screen size and, therefore, QWERTY keyboard. If it had a Dual Core Processor, all the better. (I know you didn't quote me, but in case you thought that I thought that.)

Regards

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Hate, Hate, Hate physical keyboards. I was chomping at the bit to ditch my D1 for the X.

Azurikai

Reaction score
I'm using the keyboard right now to type this message.. idk why but I'm not big on it. If I had a choice it'd be the dx.

Droid does Tapatalk