D2 Screen?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
So I have a DX and my gf has a D2 and she send me a text talking about how the iPhone has a better screen than hers.. and I'm like the Retina display is pretty awesome :(

Turns out that she was talking about the 3Gs though and I'm like there is no way that the 3Gs should have a better screen than her Droid 2.

Resolution for 3Gs is 480x320 at 3.5 inches while the D2 is 480x854 at 3.7 inches. So I'm like well her D2 is the same resolution as my phone in a smaller space so it should be better than mine.

I took her D2 and my DX full brightness and put them on Facebook. My DX was probably about 5-10x as bright as hers. The D2 on full brightness looked more dull than bright tbh and the DX quality was better.

So my question is am I wrong in thinking that something isn't right with her screen?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I dont know, they both have the same lcd tech for their screen. Maybe because the x is bigger, it is brighter??

I have the 2 global and my biggest peeve about the phone is that at full brightness I still cant see a damn thing in sunlight.

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
At full Brightness on m.Facebook.com the whites of Facebook were well at bright white.. hers was more of a dull yellow.. I'm just wondering if she has a defective screen

Reaction score
At full Brightness on m.Facebook.com the whites of Facebook were well at bright white.. hers was more of a dull yellow.. I'm just wondering if she has a defective screen

on my droid 2, at max brightness, m.facebook looks very bright and looks normal. I'm comparing it with my iPod touch 2nd gen which has the same res as the 3gs i believe, it looks better on my D2 on my opinion. The ipod touch has a slight paleness to it. Both are very close in terms of brightness, i can't tell which is brighter. Maybe she has a defective screen.

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score

on my droid 2, at max brightness, m.facebook looks very bright and looks normal. I'm comparing it with my iPod touch 2nd gen which has the same res as the 3gs i believe, it looks better on my D2 on my opinion. The ipod touch has a slight paleness to it. Both are very close in terms of brightness, i can't tell which is brighter. Maybe she has a defective screen.

Thanks for the comment.. that's honestly how I feel too but she has a friend with a D2 so I'm going to make sure she compares next time she sees her..

On another note since they stopped making D2's are all warrantys replaced with D2G's? Or do they still have a bit of D2's in circulation.

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Also would it be possible for you to just take a look at the same photo on m.facebook.com on both of your devices and let me know which one you think is of better quality.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Also would it be possible for you to just take a look at the same photo on m.facebook.com on both of your devices and let me know which one you think is of better quality.

Thanks.

I used google.com instead. And i put them both in landscape for a better comparison. They're both at max brightness, and it's obvious that they're both different shades of white. It looks more noticeable than the "paleness" i described earlier. You should compare it to someone else's droid 2, and if they look exactly the same, then chances are you're seeing what I'm seeing on my droid 2. In that case, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not sure about the warranty replacement. I heard some people received a few "certified like new" original Droid 2's, while some other people were simply offered an upgrade to a D2G immediately, or after burning through enough used Droid 2 replacements they would be offered a D2G. Which to my knowledge is just a Droid 2 with cdma/gsm radios and the same cpu just at a stable overclock of 1.2ghz.

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Stable is relative....try streaming/playing a decent quality movie on the phone and it heats up to 42C reeaaalll fast.

Reaction score
Stable is relative....try streaming/playing a decent quality movie on the phone and it heats up to 42C reeaaalll fast.

That might be annoying, but it's certainly not dangerous for the phone. Mine tends to do the same thing though if the video is long enough, or if i watch enough of them.

But you are right, stable is relative, it's just whatever motorola's engineers figured would be stable, safe, and reliable.

I would imagine that you can't overclock the d2g that much more because it's already running higher than it was originally intended to, correct?

Last edited: