More and more people choosing the D2 over DX

Canadroid

Reaction score
I use both the physical and touch keypad depending on the situation, which I did not expect when buying the D2. I still type like an invalid on the touchscreen though...

eggsped

Reaction score
I'm still waffling. I have 2 weeks left on my D2 and go to a VZ store weekly to evaluate the X. I really like the large screen but overall the device just seems too large. I still have a couple of weeks of agony ahead of me. BTW, I hated the keyboard on my D1 and almost never used it but find myself regularly using the keyboard on the D2, it's so much better. I often think I could get the X and use my D1 as a backup but I just can't decide....

thetexan525

Reaction score
I am seeing more and more people bypassing the dx for the droid 2.

Everyone has the right to choose a sub-standard device if they wish :D

Lol. The only thing factually better about the droid x is a better camera sensor, and 720p recording. As I could care less about that, the droid 2 is significantly better FOR ME as its smaller, and I use the keyboard all the time when on the web and using emulators (yay game gripper :D)

Now, I have no problem with the droid x as it and the d2 are almost identical spec-wise, but its completely ignorant to call the droid 2 sub standard.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I wish the Droid 2 had a 4 inch screen. I like the 4.3 inch on the dx but its just a tad bit too big I think. 3.7 feels good, but it could be bigger. 4 seems perfect.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Jordan8

Reaction score
I chose the DX, simply because I prefer a virtual keyboard compared to a slide out with the extra thickness. I love the size of the DX, mainly because it's thin. The screen size is just a bonus.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Although now there is the d2 global with the higher processor spec and the gsm capability....

Droidforums.net appified!

author

Reaction score
I am seeing more and more people bypassing the dx for the droid 2. The big reason is that it has a keyboard. .....

Keyboard was my reason for choosing Droid 2 over Droid X. Gotta have the keyboard! :)

--Ralph

eggsped

Reaction score
I wish the Droid 2 had a 4 inch screen. I like the 4.3 inch on the dx but its just a tad bit too big I think. 3.7 feels good, but it could be bigger. 4 seems perfect.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I agree 4" would be perfect. I ended up switching from the D2 to the DX and am kind of liking it. The size is still a little awkward and I feel like I'm going to drop the phone when I hold the phone and dial a number with the same hand hand, hopefully that will change as I get used to handling the phone. The big screen is impressive to say the least and typing in landscape is just as easy as using the keyboard on the D2. At this point I'm still not sure switching to the X was the best move, but it's a done deal now. My wife still has a D2 so I'll try to do more direct comparisons when I get home.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I like my D2, but wish I had the X for the fact that it has a larger rom selection.

County Mike

Reaction score
I bought the X and thought I would miss the physical keyboard. After a couple dayswith it, I began to prefer the screen keyboard. My wife bought the D2 and now regrets it. She says it's too heavy and it's much slower than my DX.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I bought the X and thought I would miss the physical keyboard. After a couple dayswith it, I began to prefer the screen keyboard. My wife bought the D2 and now regrets it. She says it's too heavy and it's much slower than my DX.

LOL, you should fix it for her then. It's not possible that the 2 is "much" slower than the X. The processor, ram, specs are the same. If it is much slower she has a software problem and you should fix it for her.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I thought the dx had more ram.....

Droidforums.net appified!

No... The D2 has 512 ram, the specs of the two phones are the same.... leaving out size, camera, hdmi

Last edited:

metroplex

Reaction score
The Droid X didn't offer any substantial improvement over the Droid 2. The Droid 2 has a physical keyboard and wins.

If they made the Droid X with a keyboard and a bigger screen that had a better resolution, it would be a different story.