Modified system app installs

juniorjwh

Reaction score
How do you install a modified market in UD?

Coming from miui, you could just flash it in through recovery. Did that with UD and it removed the original and didn't install the blacked out version. I've also tried installing with root explorer,with no luck.

I'm presuming that the UD tool box, doesn't know to interact with the blacked out vending.apk file. Since it has a command or tool to speed up the market. Which I did not have enabled.

I have other non-signed apps that I would like to add to UD. But I don't want to be forced into reflashing the rom because of fc's or removal of primary apps.

Thanks

cujo6801

Reaction score
How do you install a modified market in UD?

Coming from miui, you could just flash it in through recovery. Did that with UD and it removed the original and didn't install the blacked out version. I've also tried installing with root explorer,with no luck.

I'm presuming that the UD tool box, doesn't know to interact with the blacked out vending.apk file. Since it has a command or tool to speed up the market. Which I did not have enabled.

I have other non-signed apps that I would like to add to UD. But I don't want to be forced into reflashing the rom because of fc's or removal of primary apps.

Thanks
use your root explorer ..go into system/app locate marketupdater.apk and unistall it, then flash your black market apk..that should do the trick..works for me every time...hope this helps..

Last edited:
OP
juniorjwh

juniorjwh

Reaction score
It was a permissions deal. I thought I had them correct, but I just set the gave it all the permissions. Fixed

Thanks