Mobile hotspot in razr and razr maxx

simpsonao17

Reaction score
How is the mobile hotspot? I recently had a HTC thunderbolt and it constantly disconnected on me. Any feedback is great. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The hotspot works fine but there is an issue with connecting to certain sites and VZW is aware of this...I didn't notice it at first as I hadn't accessed any sites where I couldn't access them...but it is noted in several threads on the forum...

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Yahoo, digg, and the Netflix app do not work on your computer via the $30 Verizon hotspot. However, if you root and use the WiFi tether app, it works fine for free.

OP
simpsonao17

simpsonao17

Reaction score
How do you root the razr maxx? Last phone I rooted was the droid x

OP
simpsonao17

simpsonao17

Reaction score
Ok I'm rt on the edge of rooting but have one question. How do I unroot if I need to?

OP
simpsonao17

simpsonao17

Reaction score
And the tethering. Its not traceable like once thought is it?

amy335

Reaction score
I am embarrassed to ask this, but what is rooting and tethering, and why would I want to do it? Also, I just activated the Mobile Hotspot on my Razr Maxx & I don't know how to connect my computer to it! I'm feeling especially less intelligent tonight!

Last edited:

Beckeramos

Reaction score
amy335 said:
I am embarrassed to ask this, but what is rooting and tethering, and why would I want to do it? Also, I just activated the Mobile Hotspot on my Razr Maxx & I don't know how to connect my computer to it! I'm feeling especially less intelligent tonight!

Honestly. The first question is do you like your phone right now? And if the answer is yes dont even worry about rooting. Cause if you dont know what rooting is its not something you really need.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Don't forget about Foxfi. Works great for me and easy to set up. I run my transformer and laptop off it without issue.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
SGTSCHU said:
Don't forget about Foxfi. Works great for me and easy to set up. I run my transformer and laptop off it without issue.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Yes, don't forget about foxfi. You do not need to root for that app

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

brucefulton

Reaction score
The hotspot works fine but there is an issue with connecting to certain sites and VZW is aware of this...I didn't notice it at first as I hadn't accessed any sites where I couldn't access them...but it is noted in several threads on the forum..., Yahoo, digg, and the Netflix app do not work on your computer via the $30 Verizon hotspot.
This was fixed in Feb with an inline system update according to the moto forum. I can confirm I can now sign into yahoo using the hotspot, which was one of the problem sites. It generally works fairly well, but in fringe areas, it can be a little touchy.

djnolo

Reaction score
Yeah I recommend using Foxfi and do not root until the ICS update.