Using mobile hotspot

Alster2005

Reaction score
Ok, here is my problem. I have a Galaxy tab 10.1 and it works fine with my droid razr maxx. It connects to the hot spot no problem. To set it up I just added it as an allowed device and put in the mac address. I am now trying to connect my windows 10 HP stream. I found my laptop mac address and tried to connect just like my Galaxy tab. It looks like the razr lets it connect then disconnects my laptop. What could be the problem. I also had a verizon jet pack that used to always worked fine and it connected to my families router no problem. Thats why I dont think its a window problem or my laptop. Any suggestions would be great. The only reason I need to use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop is because my jet pack died.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Why are you using MAC address restrictions?

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
Why are you using MAC address restrictions?
I didnt know there was any other way. Any time I link my hotspot it asks for a security key. I always thought that was the mac address

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That would be passphrase for your ssid. What does your hotspot screen look like?

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
My Verizon jetpack took a crap. I am trying to link my HP stream to use my droid RAZR maxx as a hot spot. I linked my galaxy tab to my droid no problem using the phone as a hot spot. Don't know why I am having problems with my laptop.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Could be frequency 5ghz? Could be channel? That's why I asked for your screenshot.