Mobile Defense

rietherll

Reaction score
I have installed this software and registered on the site, however, i do not have the ability to connect to my device... Under recent activity, it says that the connection was terminated.. how do i turn it back on? I do not see a icon anywhere on the phone to restore connection....

Thanks

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have installed this software and registered on the site, however, i do not have the ability to connect to my device... Under recent activity, it says that the connection was terminated.. how do i turn it back on? I do not see a icon anywhere on the phone to restore connection....

Thanks

You can only connect via the website.

souljerr

Reaction score

rietherll

Reaction score

Thanks

The website dosent seems to track my phone now, i uninstalled, reinstalled and rebooted the device, i received the conformation sms message, now i dont see it being tracked on the net, or the connect to button

Shel

Reaction score
Just installed Mobile Defense, when to their website, and it not only located my Droid, it gave my EXACT address!

Pretty impressive!

And yah, do NOT try the alarm until you've read how to turn it off! My wife was cracking up, as I was demoing this app and couldn't turn off the friggin alarm on my Droid until I realized I had to turn it off from the website!

bstr

Reaction score
Can you tell me how to activate wavesecure without sms?

I hoping they come out with something like this that doesn't use SMS.
I blocked all SMS messaging from my phone because I didn't want to pay for SMS SPAM I was receiving.

Hi Tommyz,
You can install and activate WaveSecure without SMS as the client will fall back on data if it fails to activate via SMS. You can also perform features like backup from the client. However, server-activated commands like remote tracking and remote backup will not work as the client needs to receive commands via SMS.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
WaveSecure - Anti-theft and security software for Symbian, Android and Windows Mobile

moot

Reaction score
Mobile defense never works when the phone is inside ANY building for me. Anyone else have this problem>

SGTiger

Reaction score
Mobile defense never works when the phone is inside ANY building for me. Anyone else have this problem>

GPS doesn't work well or not at all in a lot of buildings. This is common for GPS in general and really has nothing to do with Mobile Defense. Mobile Defense will attempt to use known wifi spots and aGPS to determine it's location when a GPS cannot receive satellite transmissions while indoors, but that technology is rarely accurate with ANY app.

moot

Reaction score

GPS doesn't work well or not at all in a lot of buildings. This is common for GPS in general and really has nothing to do with Mobile Defense. Mobile Defense will attempt to use known wifi spots and aGPS to determine it's location when a GPS cannot receive satellite transmissions while indoors, but that technology is rarely accurate with ANY app.

I see, did not realize this. A little more concerned now about loosing my, because all someone has to do is to pick it up and take it home for it to be gone. I was really hoping with this app, I'd be able to actually "recover" my phone if it gets lost or stolen.

murflee33

Reaction score
mobile defense just got an update. does anyone know what this update may be?

JimmyD

Reaction score

It does work for me when inside a building only if I'm connected to WiFi. When connected via GPS inside a building, it does not work.

jcardona1

Reaction score
so does anybody know how to auto enable GPS? does my phone need to be rooted? i keep seeing this "install as a system app" but what does that mean?!?!?

shademar

Reaction score
so does anybody know how to auto enable GPS? does my phone need to be rooted? i keep seeing this "install as a system app" but what does that mean?!?!?

You have to be rooted and have adb...there's very good instructions at the site:
Installing Mobile Defense as a system application (Page 1) - Tutorials - Mobile Defense

I gave it a go, and it seems to work well. Connecting to the phone automatically turns on GPS (the usual caveats about indoor/outdoor sensitivity still apply.) I also like that the app stays hidden, both in the notification bar and in the app drawer.

JeriKu

Reaction score
I've been considering this application - my only question is simple..

If I have SMS messaging blocked on my plan, will this application function?

ipawd1

Reaction score
I wish wavesecure and Mobile defense backed up MMS