Update.zip just released for Mobile Defense to install as a system app 4 root users!!

nerdkill

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you guys know that the guys at mobile defense just made an update.zip to install mobile defense as a system app. the app allows you to track your phone, send it messages, lock it down, set off a crazy loud alarm, etc... it's my favorite app on my phone. it used to be wireless tether, but now that this one is a system app it wins. i tested it on my droid running jrummy's the shiz. it works really well, auto enables gps, and it's free.

this isn't an add, i was just having a hard time installing it as a system app so they made an update and i thought i'd share it with the community.

here's a link.

Installing Mobile Defense as a system application [OFFICIAL] (Page 1) - Tutorials - Mobile Defense

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
nerdkill

nerdkill

Reaction score
in case you're wondering the reason it's better as a system app is that it doesn't show up in your market downloads. so if someone steals your phone they can't just uninstall the app. they would have to be somewhat educated with root and delete it.

m.d. saved me already once when i got a bit too drunk and forgot my phone at a bar. next day ran m.d. and it showed it was at the bar. locked it down, put up a message saying i will come by to retrieve my phone within an hour. when i got there the bartender was pretty impressed and i got my phone back. yay for me.

viper1549

Reaction score
i would have to agree.. i havent made it a system app yet i wanted to try it out.. just havent had time but i can deff agree this is a bad ass free app.. was looking for something to replace the crappy app i had that refused to get rid of the icon on top of the phone.. pretty pointless.. this app will come in handy no doubt.

OP
nerdkill

nerdkill

Reaction score
i would have to agree.. i havent made it a system app yet i wanted to try it out.. just havent had time but i can deff agree this is a bad ass free app.. was looking for something to replace the crappy app i had that refused to get rid of the icon on top of the phone.. pretty pointless.. this app will come in handy no doubt.

now that it's an update.zip it only takes 2 minutes which is great. if you use handcent just blacklist their text message number and turn off notifications for your native messaging app. this way the only thing that could even tip someone off is the bps icon will come up in the notification bar. even if someone saw that it wouldn't matter because even if they try and turn off gps the app will turn it back on.

mrgrim94

Reaction score
Another nice thing about it being a system app is that even if the GPS was turned off before you tried to locate your phone it will automatically active the GPS.