Mobile Defense

Dallasguy7

Reaction score
If you don't know about it, load the 'Mobile Defense' app. This is really cool in that it allows you to control, lock, locate etc your phone should it become lost or stolen. I have put it on my family phones (we have 3 Eris) and I am able to lock or even deactivate my phones. I can also locate the phones via the GPS.

And right now it's FREE!!!!

rcklss1

Reaction score
just throwing it out there i use a different app called lookout does all of the things mobile defense does as well as backup contacts and pictures and it is also a virus scan..... scans all new apps as well as monitors the phone for viruses

Jolest

Reaction score
just throwing it out there i use a different app called lookout does all of the things mobile defense does as well as backup contacts and pictures and it is also a virus scan..... scans all new apps as well as monitors the phone for viruses
Do you mean the app called Mobile Security that's made by Lookout?

(I have to wonder, how many Android viruses are in the wild?)

rcklss1

Reaction score
Yeah that's the one...... its very unlikely that you will ever get a virus but the app is free it uses. very little memory and battery.... to me its a no brainer everything the other apps have plus AntiVirus.... I rather have it and never use it then never have it and someday need it

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded/installed this app and i am amazed, this is a must have Android App. It is much more effective and interactive than the 'Find my iPhone' feature of MobileMe