Mobile Defense vs Wave Secure

cheewee

Reaction score
I just tested out the lock from the website to see if it was working since it's been a little while, and it made my phone FREAK

Everything was force closing, even on reboot, I guess that's one way to lock the phone.

I ended up wiping data through recovery......

Hi draziok,
I just tested locking my phone remotely from WaveSecure and it worked without a glitch. If you have problems, do contact our support for assistance.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

Xerozix

Reaction score
Hey guys,

WaveSecure problem.

When I use my Wavesecured phone and the website, it doesn't exactly lock my phone.

I sent the lock command from the website, and it locked my phone. Only problem was, I was able to hit the home button and get back into the home screen.

Not very secure in my opinion.

Also, I'm using an aftermarket launcher (Launcher Pro)

dmo580

Reaction score
I got WaveSecure while it was free. So I'm guessing if I uninstall it I'll have to pay to get it back? :D

cheewee

Reaction score
Hey guys,

WaveSecure problem.

When I use my Wavesecured phone and the website, it doesn't exactly lock my phone.

I sent the lock command from the website, and it locked my phone. Only problem was, I was able to hit the home button and get back into the home screen.

Hi Xerozix,
Unfortunately, the Android OS doesn't allow us to trap the Home key. However, the lock screen will come back on after a short while.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

cheewee

Reaction score
I got WaveSecure while it was free. So I'm guessing if I uninstall it I'll have to pay to get it back? :D

Hi dmo580,
WaveSecure subscription is based on your user name (mobile number) and the IMEI of your device. If you got the free subscription before 31 March, it will remain free unless you've changed device.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

jimnutt

Reaction score

Hi dmo580,
WaveSecure subscription is based on your user name (mobile number) and the IMEI of your device. If you got the free subscription before 31 March, it will remain free unless you've changed device.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

Question for you then, I installed and signed up before March 31, but then I had a hardware issue on my phone and had it replaced (about two weeks ago). How is that situation handled?

poubelle

Reaction score
I have the same problem as dbronstein.

When I click 'Lock' on the Wave Secure website, it displays 'locking...'. But nothing happens on the phone until I reboot it.

The SMS obviously gets to the phone, since it locks at the next reboot. But for some reason WaveSecure does not lock immediately.

I am using a Nexus One with the latest Cyanogen ROM, but I've also tried it on Paul's Desire ROM (which comes with Wave Secure pre-installed) and the behavior is the same.

Hi poubelle,
I don't think dbronstein is experiencing the same problem as you. He was just unsure of the features available from the website.

Regarding your issue, the phone locks on the next reboot because the WaveSecure client checks with the server. Once a pending lock is detected, the client will lock the phone. There is a good chance SMSes are not getting through to your phone.

Do you have a SMS plan or do you block international text messages?

Please contact support at www.wavesecure.com/support so we can look into this issue.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

Hi Cheewee,

My phone number is in the 33 country code and I have unlimited SMS plan. I know I am able to get text messages from a friend in England, but who knows about Singapore...

J. Dub

Reaction score
Question for you then, I installed and signed up before March 31, but then I had a hardware issue on my phone and had it replaced (about two weeks ago). How is that situation handled?

To add to that Chewee, what are you all going to do with 2.2 aka froyo?

I see froyo allows backup of apps when switching/upgrading to a new phone.
With that new phone, will we have to re-purchase wavesecure since the IMEI number changes?

motodroid34

Reaction score
Hey guys,

WaveSecure problem.

Yes you can do that but try to use the phone or any app. you'll see what happend.:icon_ banana:

motodroid34

Reaction score

Hi dmo580,

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

not even If you change device because is based o your google user name.

Correct me if im wrong.

cheewee

Reaction score

Hi jimnutt,
Unfortunately, your free WaveSecure subscription is valid for the phone it was activated on.

We do this on a case by case basis. But if your handset was replaced, what you can do is to contact support with a support documentation that states the IMEI of the old phone and new IMEI of the replacement phone. We will help to move your subscription over.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

cheewee

Reaction score

With that new phone, will we have to re-purchase wavesecure since the IMEI number changes?

Hi J. Dub,
If you have purchased a WaveSecure subscription, you can freely change phones among the 4 platforms that we currently support. They are Android, BlackBerry, Symbian S60 and Windows Mobile. There is no need to purchase a new subscription.

If you got the free subscription during the WaveSecure Android offer, that subscription is tied to the phone it was activated on.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
for me, remote-wipe is the single most important feature. if i lose my phone, i don't realistically expect to ever get it back, regardless of tracking and whatnot. so it's paramount that i have the ability to wipe the thing.

this is the reason i'm sticking with wavesecure, at least until mobile defense gets remote wipe.
You're right, so I'll keep it and ONLY use Wave Secure if by chance my phone gets stolen. I'm still going to install Mobile Defense and as long as there's no International Text messages I'll be paying for then I'll put all my marbles on it and uninstall WaveSecure. Another thing I found a little curious with WaveSecure is the fact you can send a command and it will have a woman SCREAM - if I was a thief and the person used that - well the phone would be thrown to the ground and stepped on immediately.

Didnt they make wavesecure un-uninstallable? Also..whats this subscriptio info under menu?? Says Im in full mode but I dont ever remember buying this..

J. Dub

Reaction score

Hi J. Dub,
If you have purchased a WaveSecure subscription, you can freely change phones among the 4 platforms that we currently support. They are Android, BlackBerry, Symbian S60 and Windows Mobile. There is no need to purchase a new subscription.

If you got the free subscription during the WaveSecure Android offer, that subscription is tied to the phone it was activated on.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

Ah Ok. Thanks for clarifying. I was part of free-beta tester group.
Hope all is well on the wavesecure front, thanks for being on this forum. dancedroid

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Hey Cheewee, whats is up on the update.zip? I cant installed using sprecovery. has anyone successfully installing without using ABD?