Miui 1.8.5 battery life/opinions

rayne58

Reaction score
Been hearing alot of mixed thoughts on the update and would like to hear what you guys have to say about the update. In still on 1.7 idk if I wana upgrade yet our wait til next week for the newest update that will probably just improve this one

My main thing I wana hear about is battery life people say its the worst they have seen others say its good

Also any 3g and or wifi problems??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is definitely better than the 1.7.22 version. Battery life is improved and everything seems smoother.

MIUI

OP
R

rayne58

Reaction score
Anyone else?? lol

ourkidsteve

Reaction score
i'm curious to know as well. i was this close to flashing it this morning a since i was having battery issues since going from LGB 2.4 to LGB 2.6. but instead i just reflashed 2.6 to give it one more try.

i have heard MIUI is pretty decent and heard that one of the benefits of this build is that it is built on 2.3.5 which is supposedly better on battery.

Slothly

Reaction score
I am currently out of miui and it has given me the longest battery life and I have tried many different kinds. OMFGB rom is pretty close as well. If you use miui and juice defender then your battery will last a lot longer than on most other roms. I have seen a significant difference. I have tried many different roms and keep coming back to this one. Right now I'm on v1.8.5 which is 2.3.5

bL33d

Reaction score
I like miui i really do but it was buggy on my x and im on a og droid waiting for my droid x replacement (buttons went crazy) And miui is just as buggy on my og droid.

Kinda hard to pinpoint them all just has alot of issues and im ocd about useability. So i am fond of zombie stomped and stock .596 all the rest are meh imo.

If u dont like blue there is a stock GB theme for .596

jriv21

Reaction score
Tried MIUI for a few weeks, really liked it and personally 1.7.22 gave me better battery life. The other two releases weren't as good. But me being an obsessive flashing rom freak, I ended up trying Apex (surprisingly for the first time) which the battery life on that is amazing. More than 12 hours and I just hit 70%. It's fantastic.

PARick

Reaction score
I actually went back to 1.7. I found the new version way more buggy on my phone. But, keep in mind, that it can work great on someone's phone while it plain sucks on another. That's the nature of Androids.

jeff0r3

Reaction score
Ya its kind of suprising. I actually don't have any bugs running MIUI. The Camera button doesn't work(I didn't realize how much I used it), but other than that, it hasn't been buggy at all for me. I SBF'd, went to CM7 and then installed MIUI. I wonder if people that have a buggy install are coming straight from .340. I've never had any issues at all. One of the most complete roms I've ever used.
As far as battery life, I've run Apex, Darkslide, Liberty, SS, Rubix and CM7. I'd have to say in order as far as Battery life, Apex, Liberty, Rubix, SS, DSX, MIUI and then CM7. Apex, Liberty and Rubix were significantly better. I have had others roms also, but battery life was premium with those. Personally, I prefer MIUI over all other Roms. The configuration ability and just the clean bugfree way it works for me is absolute perfection. I'm running MIUI 1.8.5 which does seem to be a little worse than the previous 1.8.2... Hope this helps..