Using ROM Manager
wiped
installed V1.0, gapps,
no phone icon!!!!!

Did it again
Same result

Where did my phone go?????

Reaction score
That's...strange. Um, I have no real idea where it may be, but try opening up Terminal Emulator (Dev Tools -> Terminal Emulator), and type the following:

su
switchapk phone stock

then exit out of terminal emulator and see if it's there. This SHOULD download phone.apk and install it (it's actually meant for switching between stock and cytown phone app, but we'll see if we can use this as a workaround).

OP
marsha12151

marsha12151

Reaction score
I built with Innovation theme (think that is it!)

Downloaded again without ROM Manager so is stock. Phone is there.

Will be interesting to see if it is the theme. BUT I am all set now.

Thanks

KrazyAtes

Reaction score
I built with Innovation theme (think that is it!)

Downloaded again without ROM Manager so is stock. Phone is there.

Will be interesting to see if it is the theme. BUT I am all set now.

Thanks

Yep, same here. Its an issue with the theme I assume. Just flash the stock rom, boot, then flash the theme over it. Worked for me.

LilBit

Reaction score
i had the same problem with the incognito theme! i didnt have contacts or the phone icon

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
Any chance you're using LauncherPro? Just found the same problem. Went into general settings and found that it was set to hidden. I don't remember setting it.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I was having an issue with the phone app hanging or locking up on me. Might have been due to when I was downloading to my phone, my fiancee called and inturrupted the download. It started back again after she hung up, but still might have caused an issue. Downloaded to my PC, did an adb format of system,cache and data. All fresh clean partitions when installing and things look GREAT!

SemperGumbee

Reaction score
For all of you missing the phone and contacts application, if you check out the Sapphire site, they tell you to install the stock one first, making sure to wipe data and cache (also install gapps from recovery at this point). From there, let your phone reboot and update accordingly. After that, download the theme of your choice and put it on your sdcard. Reboot into recovery and wipe cache (just cache) before installing the theme. Install and you should have your phone back.

I had this same problem with the Incognito theme and following instructions made this problem go away. dancedroid