MetaMorph themes for swype

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Yeah the mic key function. Sometime I hit go instead of the mix but I also do that with other buttons on keyboard.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can these only be made with solid colored keys? Or would you be able to use pngs? I looked at the file for the black ones, and the pngs in the drawable folder are all still stock grey. Attached are pings I wanted to use, darker for the letters, lighter for the special items.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can these only be made with solid colored keys? Or would you be able to use pngs? I looked at the file for the black ones, and the pngs in the drawable folder are all still stock grey. Attached are pings I wanted to use, darker for the letters, lighter for the special items.
Those would be sexy....I'm sure sneaky will reply ;)

In other words....I don't know the answer...lol

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I tried dropping the pngs in the drawable, sized to match (actually i sized them, then pasted them over the top of the existing area inside the .9.png dots), and it was stock (and "wrong device") when i loaded it up. now i'm jumping through hoops to make sure it's off the phone. stock keeps failing. I tried GLD's uninstall technique, no worky worky.

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score

i dont think i understand,those images are what the stock android keyboard uses, swype dont use pngs like that, each png for swype are full keyboard layouts not individual button pngs. what exact file did you dl from the OP

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I checked a couple of them, the drawable folder has nothing but stock colored pngs.

bah, just checked, only checked the "SwypeBlack..." ones, just looked at the swype Blue, and the png is blue! THE PNG IS BLUE!!

So what your saying is, that 1 file is stretched across the entire board, each key isn't an individual of that png?

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i see what your thinking, look in the assets/keyboards those are the pngs that make up the keyboard,what your looking at are small pngs that make up the mic, the pop up bubble and icon etc.....the small stuff

elvyrorie

Reaction score
not working

ok, im running the preinstalled swype that came with my droid 2. I went to system/app and found that swype.apk was already there so I skipped the first few steps. I also made sure to check r/w in root explorer. When I go into Metamorph it shows Subtheme:swype.apk Located in system/app/. I click that and click to install and I get this "target system/app/swype.apk does not exist skipping". It is clearly there I've seen it. I'm running gummyjar 2.5 if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated. I hate the stock look, and don't really like fissions black swype much either. Thanks in advance.

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Make sure its swype.apk and not Swype.apk

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Thanks who would of thought that would be so simple. Thanks alot!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
heck, i'm still trying to get swype reinstalled! did a search for anything with swype in the title that wasn't stored on my SDCard/downloads, and deleted it! with the exception of the installer.

still no dice.

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
to uninstall i just go into root explorer/system/app mount r/w and delete it then reboot then reinstall. the key is rebooting the device.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
done a couple times, deleted the last file out of dalvik cache, rebooted, left phone in car. thanks for the tips though!

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
when you go to manage application in the setings. choose the all tab. scroll threw your apps and see if you see com.swype.xxx or if you see just swype anywhere

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
stetsonaw, I'm not sure if this will work because you already removed Swype from /system/app, but to remove all remnants of Swype when it's still in system, you would go into Terminal and type:

su
sysrw
busybox rm system/app/swype.apk[or whatever the name there is]
cd system/bin
sh pm uninstall com.swype.android.inputmethod
cd..
cd..
sysro
sync

So I'm thinking that maybe you can still do these commands:

su
sysrw
cd system/bin
sh pm uninstall com.swype.android.inputmethod
cd..
cd..
sysro
sync

(the sysrw and sysro assume you have a ROM with those scripts built in -- if not, use whatever scripts/commands you need to in order to make system read-write, then read only again.

I hope this works, but I don't know for sure if it will!