Memory low message and text message memory low messages

woodsy

Reaction score
These keep popping up and don't know how to fix them! Says I cannot receive text message and I cleared all my message and really don't have that many apps that would eat up the memory. Making me crazy!

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Some times this means the on phone storage is low.

To check go to Menu>Settings>SD Card & Phone Storage. The bottom is the Internal, it shows how much is available. If it's low, then you can change your apps and move them to the SD card which will open up more room on the phone.

OP
W

woodsy

Reaction score
Don't know anything about the SD card.................green around the gills. it says total space i have on the SD card is 14.90gb

OP
W

woodsy

Reaction score
sorry wrong amount, it says 23.92 available. I am getting incoming text messages and the phone makes a weird vibration but no messages. Sorry i am not a phone geek :(

gmorgan056

Reaction score
No worries. 23mb is pretty low for internal storage. You need to move some of your apps to the SD card. Go to menu>Settings>applications>Manage apps. Now not all apps can move to the SD Card. So you'll have to select each one. After you select an app, under storage, there will be an option to Move to SD Card. If it's not lit up then it can't be moved and move on to the next one. If you get an error message saying unable to move, just press the option again, it'll move. Just do this for each app then reboot your phone. Hopefully this makes sense.

OP
W

woodsy

Reaction score
Please explain the reason to move to the SD card? Will I lose this application and email etc. Explain clearing the 'cashe' will this delete everything? Like I told you I haven't used the phone for a whole lot and this is my first smart phone. Just don't want to screw everything up. Sorry for all the questions. Will I lose the icons by moving to the SD card? <G> don't want to appear too stupid :(

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Please explain the reason to move to the SD card? Will I lose this application and email etc. Explain clearing the 'cashe' will this delete everything? Like I told you I haven't used the phone for a whole lot and this is my first smart phone. Just don't want to screw everything up. Sorry for all the questions. Will I lose the icons by moving to the SD card? <G> don't want to appear too stupid :(

YOu won't lose anything moving to the SD. If you clear the cache, you will lose any information stored in the app so don't do that. Moving to the SD card opens up internal memory. Text messages and certain apps are stored internally so you want as much space as possible.

OP
W

woodsy

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining that but all but one of them which I moved already will not let me move to the SD card. The one taking up the most space is the task killer and amazon MP3 which I don't even use. This is so dang frustrating!

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Well you technicall don't need a task killer. The Android OS is designed to kill apps on its own, and running a task killer kind of negates that.

OP
W

woodsy

Reaction score
It is called advanced task killer and I also have the MP3 app which i don't even use. I thought these came with the phone and don't even text that much but it says text memory low and I cannot get my text messages. I really am starting to hate this phone.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can't do anything about Amazon mp3 without rooting your phone, which I'm assuming is far beyond your technical ability (no offense intended), but you can definitely get rid of Advanced Task Killer. That app is worthless. It did not come with your phone. Either you put it on or a mindless Verizon tech did it for you. Either way, get rid of it, you don't need it.

Click on Advanced Task Killer: Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > click uninstall

OP
W

woodsy

Reaction score
"Thank you" for taking the time to explain all this. Things better!:icon_ banana: Now another question. The emails I have deleted on my phone are in a folder and numbers almost 10,000 WOW, not how do I get rid of them with not having to delete each one individually.

sk102704

Reaction score
I actually have the same problem with my Droid. I think its a RAM issue with my phone because all the apps that can be moved are and I have uninstalled a ton if apps that are on the internal memory.

The low on space notification will pop up which prompts my text messages to declined and then go away. Also sometimes when the low space notification comes up I'll restart my Droid and when I turn it back on its fine. Its very frustrating, luckily I'm upgrading soon so I don't have too much longer to deal with it.

Also, when I got my Droid, the Verizon guy that helped me downloaded advanced task killer on mine so the same thing probably happened to you.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gmorgan056

Reaction score
"Thank you" for taking the time to explain all this. Things better!:icon_ banana: Now another question. The emails I have deleted on my phone are in a folder and numbers almost 10,000 WOW, not how do I get rid of them with not having to delete each one individually.

Are you talking about Gmail or another domain like Hotmail or yahoo!?

OP
W

woodsy

Reaction score
My 'home' email which is road runner is the main email. I have deleted messages on my phone and they are still there,there is a folder of deleted emails <G> 10,000 of them! Can you get rid of them without having to delete them individually? I am sure this is what is taking up space also.