Constantly out of memory

Cavissi

Reaction score
Sort of new to the whole thing, but i have had my droid for about 2 months now. For a while it was working fine, i only have a few applications installed, and not enough at all to use all the memory. However whenever i send a text message or picture message it pops up with low on memory, denies all incoming texts, and basically makes it so i cant do anything on my phone until i leave it alone for a while and then (without uninstalling anything or deleting texts) the error goes away and it works fine for a little while longer. This seems to only be a problem since the 2.1 update.

is anyone else having this problem or is there a known fix?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a leaky app. What do you have installed?

Cachemate will fix the symptoms, but not the problem.

OP
C

Cavissi

Reaction score
Advanced task killer free, compass, DroidLight, Google Maps, Android Market, Papijump, Papiriver, WeatherBug

idulfingz

Reaction score
different every week, you would have to ask
I havent had that problem, although I had a problem a few months ago where my sdcard was making a copy of everything twice... wierd bug... I had to reformat to stop the issue., if your rooted maybe a wype would help

OP
C

Cavissi

Reaction score
still not working. any other ideas?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try this.

"Menu>Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>Menu>Filter:all"

Then find every application associated with the app where you experience the problem. Pay special attention to any labeled "appname Storage." Clear the cache and data associated with each app. Then turn your phone off and on again.

I've run into the problem only once and it was in the context of using an email client appl. I had allowed a large number of emails to accumulate and once the data and cache were cleared, the problem disappeared.

It sounds as if you may have run into the problem with an app that handles text messages. I don't do that very much so I can't be more specific about what apps you need to check, but I suspect that's where your problem lies.

For the record, it appears that some apps pull the stored data from previous sessions into memory when you open them. If you have many other apps in memory at the same time, you can encounter a low memory situation.