LG Ally : Phones low on space... then text memory full.. WHY?

wsteyskal

Reaction score
**fix to low storage and text message failure for lg ally**

First - update system & roaming capabilities. (Verizon Customers dial *228 send - option 2. It will update your settings and improve your system)

Second - clear cookies in the browser. This may not be the root of the problem to low storage, but it helps. Open browser - settings - more - settings - clear cookies. Might wanna clear history and cache too. Depending on how often you browse should determine how often you should clear the cookies. *Bear in mind, when you clear cookies you will clear saved passwords and usernames*

Third - Check signature option in text app. Open text messaging app go to settings and check the signature box. You don't need a signature, you just need the signature option checked.

This should do it.

OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
First - update system & roaming capabilities. (Verizon Customers dial *228 send - option 2. It will update your settings and improve your system)

Second - clear cookies in the browser. This may not be the root of the problem to low storage, but it helps. Open browser - settings - more - settings - clear cookies. Might wanna clear history and cache too. Depending on how often you browse should determine how often you should clear the cookies. *Bear in mind, when you clear cookies you will clear saved passwords and usernames*

Third - Check signature option in text app. Open text messaging app go to settings and check the signature box. You don't need a signature, you just need the signature option checked.

This should do it.

Why check signature option? what's that do?

wsteyskal

Reaction score
Honestly I can't recall now what the issue was. It was explained to me why the signature checkbox was important, but I have forgotten. It worked perfect though once I made those changes to my wifes phone. I also applied the same fixes to 2 other Allys and they worked fine. Be sure to do the system update too. That should be done each quarter, if not every month.

OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
Honestly I can't recall now what the issue was. It was explained to me why the signature checkbox was important, but I have forgotten. It worked perfect though once I made those changes to my wifes phone. I also applied the same fixes to 2 other Allys and they worked fine. Be sure to do the system update too. That should be done each quarter, if not every month.
Yep I hadn't *228 in a while, and I checked the signature. I also deleted the cookies last night when I had issues so that was already done.

7 VII 7

Reaction score

This should do it.
This did not work.

I re-flashed her phone, no issues now... but only time will tell :D

jeffrich21

Reaction score
I'm beginning to have this problem as well, and I have very few apps on my ally, and hardly any big ones, I had to clear apps to make room. I HIGHLY regret getting this phone, everyone warned me it was terrible and slow, but I didn't listen, should've listened I guess :(

This phone receives a 1.5 out of 10 in my opinion
ugh I know man. I am on my 2nd one... 1st one the vibrate just stopped. And what sucks is that these new phones are like reformatting windows... you have to re-download EVERYTHING over! It sucks

Its so slow, its always laggy and crap.

I NEED a phone with a keyboard that slides out.. the droid 2 keyboard sucks.. hopefully early after the new year.. some nice keyboard thin 1.5-2ghtz phones come out :icon_ banana:

anyone know of any?

The only one that I know that is coming out soon is the HTC Merge, no release date yet. My wife has the Ally and has the exact same problems listed in this thread. She loves the keyboard but hates the phone. I am following this thread here for news on the Merge... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...epot/96133-htc-merge-incredible-hd-rumor.html

Shoregirl

Reaction score

This should do it.

How do I open the browser to get to the cookies to delete them?