internal memory & text message full

urboyissues

Reaction score
I was running UD 10.0 which had Apps2SD built in then when I switched to the 2.2 ROM that come out my internal memory become full. I forced move a bunch of apps using Titanium Backup on to the SD card but even still i can't seem to move enough of anything to get my internal memory open.

I keep getting messages full, rejecting message or something on my phone now. I erase all my messages (since they are backed up anyway) sometimes i still get it,, rather annoying.. I have wiped cache a couple of times and it helps for a day or two but that's it.

Can anyone help me out with either of these issues??

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've gotten this message before and had over 20mb of free space on the phone's memory. I deleted some unused apps and was good to go.

Results not guaranteed, mileage may vary.

Skaggz

Reaction score
I've gotten this message before and had over 20mb of free space on the phone's memory. I deleted some unused apps and was good to go.

I've had the exact same experience. The threshold is ridiculous. Go to Settings>SD card & phone storage, and see how much you have available under Internal phone storage. If <20MB you are going have to move/delete some apps.

grapeape3311

Reaction score

I've had the exact same experience. The threshold is ridiculous. Go to Settings>SD card & phone storage, and see how much you have available under Internal phone storage. If <20MB you are going have to move/delete some apps.

Same issue here. This problem is my one complaint with the phone so far. I've had it since launch day and this is the only thing I can say negative about the phone. Thank goodness 2.2 should help get rid of this issue.

Natalie

Reaction score
text message full message

I know, I've been under a rock the last couple of days.. what is the 2.2, the new droid that is coming out?, or is it going to be an update for our droids?

Natalie

Reaction score
So besides deleting apps and after deleting almost all of our text messages, what else are we suppose to do to get the low on space message off our phone.. it continues to say phone storage space is getting low.. how do we see what is all on the SD card that is taking up all the room?

gujupmp88

Reaction score
if you're rooted, download something called Cache Cleaner off the marketplace, it does wonders. Freed up 15-20mb's off of my phone the first time i used it.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
@Natalie, 2.2 is an update to our operating system. Think going from Windows Vista to Windows 7. We have a beta version floating around now. The actual over the air release should be coming in the next few weeks.

For those of you having space issues, have you gone in and bumped up your message limit? I have mine set to 250sms, and 30mms, and auto delete as limits are reached. Never had a memory warning.

robdoggz6891

Reaction score
I've been having the exact same problem. I just got the inbox full message an low internal memory space again today. When I got it I had two text threads with maybe 250 total messages and my internal memory is sitting at 29.04mb of available space. I have next to nothing installed because I keep removing apps everytime I get the message.

shiccy

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem with the stable (read: non-froyo) Bugless 800mHz ROM. I ended up unrooting because of it - I noticed this at the worst time ... when I was >1hr away from home on a day vacation, and on an isolated island with the only way off being by boat... I couldn't use my phone for a good 10 minutes. Had I been in trouble / hurt / an emergency was going on and I couldn't call 911, I would have been screwed. I went back to stock and unrooted. It's not worth my ability to call emergency services (especially since I don't have a home phone, only cell)... After I unrooted, I have 175mb of internal memory religiously, and have not had this problem again.

fwiw there's nothing in the root that I was using on a regular basis other than making my phone pretty, I don't have insurance, and I don't want my phone w/ root if something goes down with it. It'd suck for them to say, "IT'S ROOTED YOU'RE F***KED!"

willie2010

Reaction score
problem with internal memory

I am having the same problem with my internal memory and it is ridiculous. I tried deleting just about everything but the problem comes back. I heard that u just have to get the phone replaced but that seems like a way to just avoid the issue since it should be a software issue. I believe my problems began after the recent upadte to 2.2 so it should be the software that is the problem. Who has the solution? Thanks

Skaggz

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my internal memory and it is ridiculous. I tried deleting just about everything but the problem comes back. I heard that u just have to get the phone replaced but that seems like a way to just avoid the issue since it should be a software issue. I believe my problems began after the recent upadte to 2.2 so it should be the software that is the problem. Who has the solution? Thanks

Go to Settings>SD Card & Phone Storage and take note of how much available space you have under internal phone storage. I sounds like you may need to clear your cache files.

If you're rooted its easy, there are apps on the market for this. If you're not rooted, it's still no problem.

Just go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and click the All tab at the top. Now click the menu button and select Sort by Size. You'll see a list of all your installed apps and their respective size on the internal storage. Click on some of the larger ones and see if they have a large cache size. If so, just click Clear Cache.
Same goes for data as well, however you may lose some of your saved data, depending on the app.

After you've cleared a few, go back and check your available space on internal storage again.

I hope this helps. If not, repost with some of your observations.

willie2010

Reaction score
reply to Skaggz

Your right skaggz and I actually was just starting to do that once I found there were even cache cleaning programs. I was just afraid to delete it on certain programs such as facebook. Thanks a lot!