internal memory

devildogrican79

Reaction score
I just got a message saying that i was running low on internal memory. I erased some apps and cleared some caches and not i have 46mb of internal storage. i currently have 14.47gb of memory on my sd card. can i take some of the stuff out of the internal memory and put it on the sd card? or is the internal memory just the apps? i would like a little more breathing room on the internal memory and need to know if the only way to get it is erasing apps because most of the pics and stuff appear to be on the memory card.

Skaggz

Reaction score
If you're not rooted your hands are tied. The only thing you can do, short of erasing apps, is to clear the caches manually. Go to settings-applications-manage applications-sort by size. Click on some of the ones near the top of the list, and see if they have a large cache file size. If they do, click the Clear Cache button.

kchung1980

Reaction score
I have cm10.1..I recently wiped my phone and formatted my internal SD card. I have now got no pictures on my internal SD card however when I go to "storage" it shows I have nearly 2gb under photos/videos. I am really confused as I cannot seem to find any pictures anywhere on my phone.

Any suggestions?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Isn't CM10.1 the ROM that confuses the internal storage for the external and vice versa?? I know I read one of them was doing that just can't remember which one it was....

clueless77

Reaction score
Isn't CM10.1 the ROM that confuses the internal storage for the external and vice versa?? I know I read one of them was doing that just can't remember which one it was....
correct but it also broke the IMEI which I plan to post a way to back up and restore because I have done a little research.

To the OP if you formatted the onternal there will be nothing there and like miller said if it swapped then you may want to restore a back up and see what happens.

kchung1980

Reaction score
It must have been a glitch when I made a nandroid backup. Now I formatted again ad its fine. Thanks