Maxx not sending or receiving text messages with pictures

connieh1968

Reaction score
Was working fine, even received a picture this morning from my father. He sent another one couple hours later, NOPE, wouldn't come thru. Didn't think much of it then, but I have been trying to send my husband a picture of something that I took. The phone will not allow it to go thru. I can't even email it either.

So I had my husband send me a picture, he went thru on his end, but I get an error saying "Text message not received"...Select message and try again.

Any clue??

Only have had this phone 2 days!!

metalhead

Reaction score
I haven't had a problem with my Maxx, but I have had a similar problem with my previous phone. On it I had to remove the battery to cure it. With the Razr the same thing can be done by holding the power & volume down button for 10 sec to reboot. I have no idea if rebooting will make a difference on the Razr, but it may be worth a try. I just loaded Go SMS Pro for texting a couple days ago and have found it to be easier to text pics. Especially more than one in a slideshow.

titangreiners

Reaction score
metalhead, thanks for your post. Simply turning off the phone and restarting it allowed my attachments to display. Did Microsoft develop this OS? LOL Anyway, thanks again!

bclipscomb

Reaction score
My maxx does not want to sent picture text when I have my data turned off and the wifi is turned on. No sure why, but when I turn data back on and wifi off the pictures go through.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My maxx does not want to sent picture text when I have my data turned off and the wifi is turned on. No sure why, but when I turn data back on and wifi off the pictures go through.

I discovered this the hard way also wondering for weeks why sometimes I could get or send pic msgs and sometimes not and finally discovered that you can only send or receive pics if data is on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums