emailing pictures...

cleave

Reaction score
I noticed that it is very difficult to email a picture via the Maxx. I am assuming it's because the picture file is so big (6MP). Whenever I try to send a pic that I've taken with my phone, it constantly says "sending."
Is there any way to resize the picture before emailing it? When I send a picture via text messaging it automatically tells me the picture is too large, and asks if I want to resize the picture.

4saken

Reaction score
is it via gmail? if so there is an app that helps me out ,its called attach files I believe . or gmail attachments . it allows you to attach anything to the email and it sends it . I found it on the market . maybe give it a shot.

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
4saken said:
is it via gmail? if so there is an app that helps me out ,its called attach files I believe . or gmail attachments . it allows you to attach anything to the email and it sends it . I found it on the market . maybe give it a shot.

Thanks 4saken...I found another app called "resize pictures" that let's me resize any picture. Now when I send the picture, it sends immediately.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Thanks 4saken...I found another app called "resize pictures" that let's me resize any picture. Now when I send the picture, it sends immediately.

Cool, I just came across this yesterday, I tookcouple pics of my GF and the email app did the same, "sending" after a few minutes, I'd get a notification saying file couldn't be sent. I tried 4G WiFi nothing seemed to work. Thanks I'll give that app a try.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

evan2001

Reaction score
You can resize in the phone. Goto the pic tap it, click down arrow, click edit, click adv edit, then goto resize.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
evan2001 said:
You can resize in the phone. Goto the pic tap it, click down arrow, click edit, click adv edit, then goto resize.

I see cropping but no actual resize. I am on ics so maybe it changed... I don't see advance edit. After edit it pulls up fx, cropping, red eye and lighting edits...

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

evan2001

Reaction score
thaDroidz said:
I see cropping but no actual resize. I am on ics so maybe it changed... I don't see advance edit. After edit it pulls up fx, cropping, red eye and lighting edits...
-

There's no advanced editing? On mine there is after I go into edit then adv editing and if I scroll all the way to the right there is a resize.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx, using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There's no advanced editing? On mine there is after I go into edit then adv editing and if I scroll all the way to the right there is a resize.

Mine too!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
FoxKat said:
Mine too!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

On Ginger or ics?

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
After extensive testing...I have come to the conclusion that there must be a glitch in the Gmail app. I have tried multiple times to send a very small resized picture (45 kb) through the Gmail app only to find that sometimes it will send it, while other times it constantly says "sending."
I have gone to the actual gmail website (on my phone) and sent pictures, and it seems as though they send immediately. However, even when I send pics to myself, they show up in my inbox instantly, but take about 10 minutes to come through on my phone. I have also noticed that when I check my email (via the app) the "loading conversations" message will routinely spin endlessly until, at some point, it finally loads my remaining messages.
Very frustrating when I'm trying to email a picture to someone, because I never know if it's going to go through or get stuck on "sending" forever.
If there is another app for emailing pictures, I'd love to know what it is.

Thanks for all your help guys.

evan2001

Reaction score
FYI I use the Gmail app and send pics all the time with no problems

E

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
On Ginger or ics?

Gingerbread 6.12.181.XT912.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
FoxKat said:
Gingerbread 6.12.181.XT912.

OK I am not seeing it on ics...
Weird ...