MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom

Heard my name somewhere :)

@eek88dj, what state is your phone in right now? I know you are getting a replacement today but if they found out you messed with your phone they could charge you, might want to get it back to stock if possible?

Are you still on the .215 leak, and does your phone boot up at least?

No, I didn't specifically tell it to install Bootstrap. The only thing I told the Utility to do is Root (Option #2) and install Safestrap (Option #5, I believe).

I finally got it. I had to rename the rooter.txt file to just "rooter." Once I did that it worked like a charm.

stock 211

I finally figured it out with help from Foxkat and others. I appreciate it...thanks again..:hail:

Heard my name somewhere :)

@eek88dj, what state is your phone in right now? I know you are getting a replacement today but if they found out you messed with your phone they could charge you, might want to get it back to stock if possible?

Are you still on the .215 leak, and does your phone boot up at least?
Thank u. I had to put it back to 211 from 215..i finally figured it out on utility 1.81 option 1 it put it back to 211... i love that. I save it just in case i ever need it again...

Actually if you side loaded, I don't believe that vzw can say anything about that.. you didn't root to get there.. but I'm not 100% sure.

Actually if you side loaded, I don't believe that vzw can say anything about that.. you didn't root to get there.. but I'm not 100% sure.
No i didnt root it....just side loaded it but it back to stock....thank you..

This is very humbling. I have a stock 211 razr maxx and I can't figure out how to load this file (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16066634/Bl...izon.en.US.zip) mentioned on this thread to upgrade to 215. I removed the sd from the razr and put it in my computer and that didn't work. Any help is appreciated. Only had the phone for about a month so I'm a novice. Obviously I don't know what I'm doing...

This is very humbling. I have a stock 211 razr maxx and I can't figure out how to load this file (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16066634/Bl...izon.en.US.zip) mentioned on this thread to upgrade to 215. I removed the sd from the razr and put it in my computer and that didn't work. Any help is appreciated. Only had the phone for about a month so I'm a novice. Obviously I don't know what I'm doing...

You can keep your SD in your phone and plug your phone into your computer and put it in Mass Storage Mode.

Then copy the file from your computer to your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Sydman. I had plugged the phone into my computer but I didn't realize cables can look the same but do different things. I'm good to go now. In the interim I did the factory reset and performance seems improved. I'll keep the 215 as a backup.

Some guy on the train home yesterday told me about .215 leak. I was able to install it without but now I'm wondering, What does it do or help on a RAZZ Maxx?

Some guy on the train home yesterday told me about .215 leak. I was able to install it without but now I'm wondering, What does it do or help on a RAZZ Maxx?

Welcome to the forums! :)

It will help with battery life, it will run smoother, it will help with connectivity issues ... it should make your Maxx a lean, mean phoning machine. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks for the reply. I intentionally haven't plugged my phone in to charge today & I'm not seeing a difference in the battery life it is @ 50%. I verified that it was installed. Is there something else I was supposed to do other then following the directions?

You may not see any changes right away. IMHO, the battery calibration meter needs to readjust to the changes. Try this: continue using the phone until it runs down to 20 or 30% battery then turn it off and charge it up fully. The next time around it should perform better. First day on .215 for me, I saw a bit more rapid drain. After that it has been much better.

David

Let the device settle in and remember to clear your cache...

Back