Manual Reset Instructions

96BeaSSt

Reaction score
  1. Power off phone
  2. Use hardware keyboard
  3. Press and hold the 'X' key and Power button until you see a screen with an exclamation point inside a triangle
  4. Press and hold the Volume Up key then press the Camera button (I had to do this twice) to get menu screen (Linux back-end becomes VERY apparent here)
  5. Using the D-pad, select one of the Wipe options (specifically Wipe Data/Factory Reset)
  6. Confirm your selection and wait for it to complete
  7. Reboot the device

Stigy

Reaction score
Would be able to try holding the "Power + Home" keys to reboot the device?

Let me know if it goes into the same menu as stated above.

Thanks.

OP

96BeaSSt

Reaction score
Although I did not try that when I did the first reset, there is a likelihood that I could be resetting my device in the future.

Stigy

Reaction score
Well that should just bring you into a "recovery" menu if its the same combination of buttons as it is on the G1.

twelvetreeez

Reaction score
God bless you child, you just saved me a trip to Verizon in the frigid ass weather.

Silvana_Pineda

Reaction score
OK my phone has been on a boot loop and I have tried to hard reset it but it will not get past the triangle with exclamation mark even hen pressing the up volume and camera key. Any other suggestions? I really would like to avoid going to the store and having them swap the phone (hate to have to load up my music, books, ringtones and movies all over again)

-update I guess 5th time was a charm. it finally worked. I also had to pull out the battery before doing the hard reset. You may have to add that as a step

BTW, the home power button did not work for me.

Last edited:

sirfunbear

Reaction score
Hard Reset Verses Factory Reset

I understand that there may be times when the hard reset is necessary. However, is there a functional difference between the hard reset and

>menu
>settings
>privacy
>factory data reset

Thanks.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I understand that there may be times when the hard reset is necessary. However, is there a functional difference between the hard reset and

>menu
>settings
>privacy
>factory data reset

Thanks.

Hard reset (Battery Removal) reboots the phone....Factory Data Reset takes the phone to out of box new condition.....

sirfunbear

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I was referring to this hard reset:

"To perform a hard reset on your Motorola Droid, perform the following steps.

Turn off the Droid. If you are unable to turn off the Droid, remove the battery for 10 seconds, then replace it.
  1. Open the physical keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding the Power Button. The device will turn on, keep holding these two buttons until a yellow triangle appears.
  2. Press the Volume Up and then the Camera button at the same time to get a menu to come up. You may have to press them more then once.
  3. You have now entered Recovery Mode.
  4. Use the Directional Pad on the Physical Keyboard to select the Format option.
This should perform a factory reset of your device. You will of course lose all data. Please exercise caution before doing this without a backup."

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thanks for the reply. I was referring to this hard reset:
This should perform a factory reset of your device. You will of course lose all data. Please exercise caution before doing this without a backup."

The answer is already in there....Sorry about misunderstanding you...

shamus

Reaction score
Pretty crazy stuff.
I did a factory reset today due to constant force closes on all kinds of apps.
After it booted back up I installed a few must-have apps. After I installed these I noticed there was a soundboard installed still somehow so I went into apps to uninstall it. There were four total apps installed. None of the default BS apps like amazon and VVM were anywhere on my phone. Then I rebooted:( Now it's all back. Wonder how that works.