mail force closing, help please....

irishdroid

Reaction score
All of the sudden my stock email app is force closing. I get notified of incoming emails and then when I press it to read it the app force closes every time. Same thing happens if I try to compose a message. I did a battery pull and even deleted my accounts and set them back up. Any help, thanks.

OP
irishdroid

irishdroid

Reaction score
Nope, not a thing. I have had a problem with it in the past not sending outgoing mail and I just deleted and the account and then put it back in. It did that today so I did the above and now fc everytime. Gmail works though.

OP
irishdroid

irishdroid

Reaction score
No, its both of the accounts I have set up.

pyro6128

Reaction score
go to manage applications, then go into email, clear the cache and data. You'll have to reenter your email info, but that should fix it

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Very odd to read this. I use my droid to read my work email and its worked perfect until a few days ago. bring my mail in but force closes when I try to open any email. Gmail works fine.

pyro6128

Reaction score
the method i posted should fix that too. I've had those same problems and it cleared it all right up. This was early december, havent had a problem since.

OP
irishdroid

irishdroid

Reaction score
Do what Pyro said, worked like a charm. Have redo your accounts but mine is back up again. Thanks man!

pyro6128

Reaction score
No prob, glad I could help. That thing annoyed the piss out of me when it first popped up.