email - exchange force close

ke0kie

Reaction score
Today for some reason my email, which is configured with my work exchange force closes when I try to open a message. This just started today never had problem before. I deleted the account restarted rebuilt same problem. Its downloading my mail just force class when I try to open.

OP
K

ke0kie

Reaction score
Is there a way to remove the factory email app, and re-install it? I can't seem to find it on any app manager.

FWIW, I removed my exchange account and now my phone runs like brand new. "email" routinely was using 40-48% of my CPU, per ASTRO, I'm becoming convinced the factory POP/IMAP/Exchange email client is garbage. I'm using a bookmark to my corp OWA mail, for now.

Is there a good POP/IMAP/Exchange email client I can install? I gather "touchdown" is popular, was hoping to try a free app first.

--Scott

sk8sn0surf

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I can receive and see all my emails (non gmail), but when i try to read them, the application crashes and tells me to force close. This problem just started happening today. Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions?

OP
K

ke0kie

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I can receive and see all my emails (non gmail), but when i try to read them, the application crashes and tells me to force close. This problem just started happening today. Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions?

This is my EXACT symptom. This is a factory app, so I don't see a way to remove/re-install the app.

I would be just as happy to use a market app, that I can configure Exchange with, and test that, then forget about the "email" app.

--Scott

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
What to do if this fix doesn't help? this is getting very irritating. evey time I look at my droid it says to force close the email ap.:mad: