Force Close in Messaging

mtoejr

Reaction score
My phone is force closing on messaging too... the first time i lost over 2000 messages. I cann't begin to describe the anger i fell about this.. But what is worse is the only so called fixes i have seen is to reset your phone to a clean slate. How does that fix anything. You don't even know what is causing it. Sure it may work for a while ... but it could start doing it again at anytime. Who do you have to contact to get Verizon or whoever to do something about the problem?

dannydoes

Reaction score
Fix for Force Close in messaging...

I learned this awhile back, and if this has already been posted forgive me. Just trying to help and don't have time to read every post.

The droid seems to have problems with high numbers of old text messages. If you delete the old ones the force close problem goes away.

mtoejr

Reaction score
I learned this awhile back, and if this has already been posted forgive me. Just trying to help and don't have time to read every post.

The droid seems to have problems with high numbers of old text messages. If you delete the old ones the force close problem goes away.

that would explain the first time It force closed and erased all my messages. It doesn't explain it doing that again an hour later with less than a hundred messages. Or the next day when it did that 5 times in a row (Keep in mind it erases the messages every time) And if They know this is a problem are they working on a fix? That was my real question? I called tech support at verizon and they acted like they had never heard of it. How are they going to find out the problem if they just tell you to reset the phone every time?

Not trying to sound angry... but this is somewhat frustrating. thanks for trying to help.

dannydoes

Reaction score
Yea, I don't blame you. That sounds really frustrating. Doubt this will make you feel better, but it sounds like a lot of droids are lemons. People have issues that other people never experience. Have you tried uninstalling all apps and starting fresh? I wonder if it's certain apps that conflict with others, which shouldn't be the case with Linux systems so they say, but it also shouldn't be the case that the same linux operating system has inconsistent bugs.

misssharon2087

Reaction score
are any of you having problems with deleting message threads? my phone is running a little slow and when i go to delete a mesage thread it forces closed and doesnt delete anything.

Reaction score
i dont think that will work for all people, i didnt download any different messenger apps, it jsut started force closing and when it does it deletes all my threads but it still happens at least 10 times a day so i dont think deleting excess messages will help